Parts of this pedal-powered submarine appear made of wood

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Reply to
TimW

That is one way to smuggle immigrants into the UK :-)

Reply to
Nightjar

Two at a time if you can train them.

Reply to
F Murtz

Someone needs to tell them that peddle powered subs have already been done and long gone, as in many decades.

Reply to
dennis

It looks the part but £100,000. Utter madness.

Reply to
fred

You sell them the outside seats.

Reply to
Nightjar

They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings, not pressure hull.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

You are right for sure. Fairings full of water.

TW

Reply to
TimW

Ah that is the turbo charge feature I'd imagine...:-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They can do the pedalling.

Reply to
Fredxxx

A hundred meters deep?? That sounds unlikely.

Reply to
harry

Local SW News at 18.15 today reported that they've given up after less than a day, blaming problems with their sonar and carbon monoxide detected inside the sub. Carbon Monoxide? Where's that coming from then?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Their disposable barbecue?

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I had also thought that and assumed it was a typical journalistic error.

10m per atmosphere, 100m would be 150lb/in^2

Not the easiest thing to test. Perhaps drop below a boat to 150m as a proof test and see what comes back up?

They may also be confused about the depth of the English Channel, which is in the order of 100m.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Perhaps they had a secret petrol engine in there after all?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Is there any CO in farts?

Reply to