Google newsgroups is fried.

Is it my feed, or is everybody else getting a crap feed for rec.woodworking? Dropped posts, double posts, name but no message..terrible service! This isn't worth the money I'm not paying!!!!

Yep. It's been fried all day for me. Probably either iGoogle sucking down more bandwidth with the widgets and feeds, or...improvements.

Same here. It was goofed up all day. Seems OK now. I am posting through Google and have been for many months as my ISP (ATT DSL) has trashed the portal connection to their news server AGAIN. Theirs never has worked right. I would change, but I really like everything else about my DSL service. Around here it is more reliable than Time Warner.
Google is good enough now though, that when I am having problems I call some of my buddies to check it out and if I am having problems, so are they. One accesses through AOL, the other through Tera news.
Who knows WTF is going on.
Rob, what service do you use do access?
Robert

This Rob uses Giganews. Solid as a rock. In most cases, however, I find GoogleGroups very convenient..when it works. Many times, GoogleGroups say my message had an error, to try again. then it shows up again anyway..sometimes twice.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There are tons of news servers available for a small monthly/yearly fee. There are, likewise, many free news servers. Don't feel locked in to the one your ISP offers - it's trivial to invoke another.