RO & Feed

Is it necessary to supplement Calcium & Magnesium when using RO , so i suppose what i am asking is does a standard feed contain enough ? I am reviewing my feeding regime as my water pump has packed in, questioning quailty of my rain water and some leafs of plants are turning yellow/bleached from the end of leaf moving down . At the moment i am using a standard 2-1-4 granular feed and adding sulphate of ammonia to make it 4-1-4 and supplementing Cal & Mag. I mix 15ml of the feed ,5ml SofAM, 5 ml Cal , 5ml Mag add this to my main solution ( 100ml water) then gradually add this to 80 lts until my required strength is reached depending on time of year,then alter the ph to 6-6.1.

The bleached leafs effected my Masdevallia the most , but it is appearing on some Coelogyne & Den tips. So i am thinking of simplyfying my regime to the 4-1-4 only and altering the PH .I am also concidering using a standard liquid feed /adjusting the ph.

Any advise is apprecciated. Keith

Reply to
keith kent