rain in CO

barrels OK now

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

Did you read this carefully -- It is still not legal to collect rain in CO IF you are connected in anyway to a water provider. That can be municipal or county or just a group of homeowners that are rural and have a communal well thus provide service to the group. You have to be in the test area for replacement and water loss thru collection or you have to be completely rural and on your own well or trucking in water to have the right to collect from Roof tops or hard surfaces. Even if you want to collect and use this water for landscape... which to my mind is just sending it on its natural way....but they say the landscape you are watering is not normal, thus you are "using someone else's water." Kansas or Nebraska farmers could be waiting for that water.

It goes back to the 1800's and water rights fights. You have to remember - except for the Mountains we are HIGH desert. Normal rainfall/water is about equal to what the Midwest gets in 1 summer month. Of course this year we are w-a-y ahead of norm. Some gully washers have dropped 2 inches over a 10-20 block area. We have multiple tornadoes here as well. I can only remember 3 other years in the last 20 where there were any.

The humidity here in the summer is so low you can compare it to a heated home mid-winter 9% on a good day. The development of suburbs in creating a new norm due to the outdoor watering. Because of the greening of the front range - Swamp Coolers are not as effective today as they were in the '80s, increased humidity. SuE

Sue Erickson