GMC 10" SCMS?

I know you get what you pay for, so I shouldn't bother asking this question, but has anyone tried this saw? I want a miter saw for occassional use. Now I am using my table saw for everything, but it is a nuisance and doesn't do a great job anyhow. I don't need something that will work 24/7 because that isn't how I will be using it. On the other hand, something that cuts plus or minus 2 degrees isn't worth anything.
So, what about the GMC? If it cuts accurately, it is a hell of a bargain for $190.
Toller wrote:

GMC is A new line of tools from lowes it is an Australian Co and so you might get good reponce at the Aussi WW forums:
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au /
Toller,
I am not a fan of GMC gear, though I do have a nailgun of theirs and have had no problems with it.
For your stated purpose it may be just the ticket. Ozito also are bringing out some cheap stuff but I strongly recommend you stay well away from them.
If you invest in the saw AND a protractor to check the cut angle, it may suffice for the occasional use you will put it to, however, if you want to make picture frame miters - forget it. On the plus side for GMC is their return and warranty policy.
Greg

question,
don't