Cooker extraction hoods - get what you pay for?

Wickes have their own cooker extraction hoods at £55 and Zanussi ones at £155. Are the Zanussi ones worth the extra? Both have similar extraction rates and both can use either filters or a flue through the wall. Not sure about noise levels though and I'm guessing the Zanussi has a better quality motor (?). Maybe the W. is more "tinny"? Am trying to get one on the wall before Xmas :-)

Reply to
dave

In message , dave writes

When you decide, let me know as I am still contemplating:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In article , dave writes

I'd go have a feel/bash/dismantle on the in-store display models.

Obvious advantages would be stainless mesh washable filters.

I'll prob buy a cheapie, gut it and use a ducted fan elsewhere to keep the noise down but that is me.

A thin metal resonant cheapie could be tamed with a bit of internal (heatproof) damping material.

Reply to
fred

I was actually thinking of doing this myself, we have space within the roof of the kitchen for a ducted one. Do let me know if you get round to doing something, we already have a cheapie CDA extractor hood in place which is on its last legs.

Earlier this year I fitted a Vent Axia Mixed flow ducted fan in the bathroom, it is amazingly effective and very quiet too.

Reply to
gremlin_95

Will let you know but I'm on a pretty slow burn on the kitchen, eta late next year :-)

Take care with the ducting, I'd recommend the alu foil based ones to limit potential fire spread from a hob top fire.

Yep, a good brand.

Reply to
fred

What - these!!! :-)

dave

I'd hazard a guess that both are probably made by the same manufacturer, Elica, based in Italy.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Don't assume that the more expensive one is better quality.

Reply to
alan