Glue wood to metal?

My problem is how to fix a brass nut inside the turned wooden piece that (I can only call it a button) will go on the cap of a pepper grinder (and the matching salt grinder). I've made a nut-shaped hole. I just want to fix it neatly so it stays there. I'm thinking epoxy but would value opinions.
--
"Any PC built after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit,"
Reverend Jim Peasboro

spirit,"
Thanks for the tips guys - I'll go look for JB Weld. I also thought I would make a notch around the nut to give more 'grip'.
--
"Any PC built after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit,"
Reverend Jim Peasboro
Epoxy works just fine on metal. Make sure the metal is grease free and rough it up a little. I often saw grooves across the corners to add a bit more bite. Don't use the 5 minute stuff - it can be brittle. Use a 15 minute or so epoxy.
One thing to watch for is the epoxy getting into the threads - bad epoxy. Putting a piece of masking tape on the bottom of the nut (the side that goes in the hole) will help the threads stay clean. Use denatured alcohol to clean up the unhardened epoxy.
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:34:49 -0700, "Marc Casanova"

Devcon Plastic weld adheres to most metals as well as epoxy & is considerably stronger according to the manufacturer.
I'd not rely on the adherence of the adhesive to the brass; rather, I'd be sure to score the brass so the cement is geometrically keyed into it by sanding, filing grooves, etc. Then the breaking strength will be determined by the cement's strength, not how well the cement adheres to the material.
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:52:29 +1300, Don Mackie

Hex nut ? Cut a tight fitting recess and epoxy it in place. If it's a turned round nut, then get some grooves filed in the sides first.
Epoxy bonds well to most metals, but brass is awkward. Degrease well first, and clean with wire wool. Then use a good grade of epoxy, not 5 minute.
"Don Mackie" writes:

Epoxy by itself in this application is essentially useless since it won't bond to the brass very well.
Having said that, epoxy is also the answer; however, you need to add some micro-balloons to the epoxy to make a "mud" the consistency of say mayonnaise.
Counterbore a hole in the wood to accept the nut and coat the c'bore with epoxy allowing it to cure overnight.
Next day, fill the c'bore with thickened epoxy and suck nut into it with a threaded screw.
Allow to cure.
The hinges of hell will rust shut before that nut comes loose.
A WORD OF CAUTION:
Coat the screw threads with some candle wax if you ever expect to remove it.
DAMHIKT ! ! ! <G>.
Good luck.
BTW, forget the 5 minute epoxy.
IMHO, it is strictly garbage except for a temporary repair purposes.
HTH
--
Lew

How about Gorilla glue. On the label it says it bonds wood, METAL, ....any other materials.
Just bought a bottle, but, haven't used it yet
HTH, Ron

spirit,"