glue metal to plasterboard

I need to glue a small 4cm metal strip to plaster board (magnetic catches) I currently have wood glue and silicone, would either of these suffice? It is not load bearing just to hold in place.

Reply to
ss

You need something like evostik or maybe epoxy/car body filler.

Superglue might work too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Superglue probably won't work.

The others will, but I'd use Araldite or similar unless I just happened to have car filler around, then I'd use that instead.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If you don't want to have to hold it in place while it sets, then an impact adhesive (like evostik) will be good for metal to cardboard - the plaster isn't really relevant.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is it plasterboard, or *plastered* plasterboard?

I'd suggest araldite, or foam-backed double sticky.

Reply to
newshound

No.

I'd have thought a good contact adhesive might be good as long as the plasterboard is in good condition. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If glueing to plasterboard, try to glue directly to the cardboard surface, glueing to skimmed PB is the weakest solution.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Bonding coat plaster will do this - I've used it to hold metal back boxes to plasterbaord for sizes where plasterboard fixing back boxes are not available. Ideally, get the plaster to ooze through some holes in the metalwork, but it bonds well enough that's not normally a problem.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel