A substitute for resin fixings

I've recently been using resin fixings in walls that are hard to mount stuff on and have used them for a TV bracket and microwave oven bracket.
They're great for really heavy stuff but quite expensive with the resin, nozzels, bits of studding required.
I'm thinking of adapting the technique for stuff that's less heavy by sticking a piece of slimmer studding in hole with "No More Nails" type stuff and letting it set overnight.
I'm wondering what brand of the stuff would be best for this - something that dries nice and hard/solid. Stixall?
On 31/05/17 17:48, Murmansk wrote:

Two part epoxy? You can buy it in 'tubs' which is cheaper than the small tubes if you need a lot but I'm not sure if it will be cost effective compared to the 'proper' resin stuff. Either way, removing the dust is key, an air line would help. Twist the studding in to ensure it fills the voids. Also, a 'blind' hole- not into the cavity, assuming it is a cavity wall. Try to keep the stud in the middle somehow, perhaps a cardboard template?
I hoping for something a bit less viscous that comes in a single tube and can be just squirted in - apart from that epoxy would be very good and probably even more solid than the "real" stuff!
On 31/05/17 19:24, Murmansk wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-kem-psc-175-ef-chemical-resin-175ml/5650j
£5.99
And you know it works. No more nails costs about the same.
On Wednesday, 31 May 2017 21:10:13 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:

nd can be just squirted in - apart from that epoxy would be very good and p robably even more solid than the "real" stuff!

0j

No more nails is a quid from poundland. But resin's not expensive, a cartri dge lasts years if you tinfoil cap it. If you don't want to pay for studdin g just resin a wallplug in & use a screw later. Epoxy can be got for £ 1 at poundland too if you're brassic. Glue a bit of wood in the hole and no t much gets used.
If you want to cut costs even further, just use ordinary wall filler, pushi ng a wallplug into it, let it set 2 days then screw in.
NT
On 31/05/2017 21:10, Tim Watts wrote:

"Suitable for repetitive use by renewing nozzle"
Do they sell replacement nozzles?
On 01/06/17 09:18, andrew_d snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Dunno - why don't you have a look? I'm not your monkey butler...
On Thursday, 1 June 2017 09:18:14 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

About 50p each when I last bought them, for a different style of cart. But if you're just doing a few holes there's no point getting nozzles, just squeeze a bit out, mix it with a matchstick and stuff the hole.
NT
Had to laugh a few years ago when in a shop there were video screens either side of a plasterboard wall and all they had done is put bolts through the plasterboard so if somebody wanted to take one down the other would fall off as well.
Brian
--
----- -
On 31/05/17 17:48, Murmansk wrote:

Why?
Just use Screwfix's no nonsense resin - it's cheap enough...