Gloat ?

This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof over our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ? Puff
Pretty much anytime you are able to find something for free and make use of it I would say it's a gloat.
Now if you grabbed them and they sit next to the house for 18 months before you use them, not so much of a gloat.
Good find
Andrew
This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof over our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ?
Hey, if it was free and you got to make some stuff you needed/wanted, I'd say it qualifies as a gloat.
This past week at work a crew came in and replaced part of a roof over our roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ? Puff
What I am wondering is if you had to transport those 16 footers. Most of our pickups would not be sufficient for that.
How did you do it?? Got a serious truck or something?
Apparently he has a utility trailer.

I used the 12ft trailer that was to welcome them as a new deck. Puff

roll stock room. They took out seven 16 foot 2X10's that had pitch soaked into one side of each and left them by the maintenance department. I asked the maintenance manager if they where scrap. He said they where and I could have them if I wanted them. So I now have a new deck on my utility trailer and a couple of short ramp's. So is this a gloat or not ?

yep.. free/had a use..
you suck, puff.... *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing