Giganews servers whacked?

??
Getting duplicates, triplicates, timeouts WTF?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

It could be your local cache is messed up. Try unsubscribing from the group, find your local copy of the cache file and delete it. Then resub, I have seen Thunderbird do that before.
--
Froz...

FrozenNorth wrote:

Thanks, did that before I posted ... it seems to be server side.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Not seeing a problem with my Giganews.
Leon wrote:

It's OK now ... looked to be about and hour or so this morning, where it was timing out and acting whacked out. It does that sometime.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

ATT has been a bit wonkly lately, I have been having strange problems as has my dad and neighbor.
Swingman wrote:

If you don't need binaries, try this free server:
http://www.eternal-september.org /
Fast, reliable, free ...
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Karl, I get the same thing with eternal-september.org every so often, and Thunderbird will subsequently claim it couldn't send a post when it really did, then when I retry the operation I get duplicates or triplicates (I've learned not to retry the operation until I check to see if the first post actually made it). If eternal-september.org is acting up I can usually switch to my astraweb account and that will work fine, though (as Leon mentioned) I don't think AT&T (my service provider) has their act together, and some of my news server problems may very well be ISP problems...
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.