Giganews servers whacked?

??

Getting duplicates, triplicates, timeouts WTF?

Reply to
Swingman

It could be your local cache is messed up. Try unsubscribing from the group, find your local copy of the cache file and delete it. Then resub, I have seen Thunderbird do that before.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Thanks, did that before I posted ... it seems to be server side.

Reply to
Swingman

Not seeing a problem with my Giganews.

Reply to
Leon

It's OK now ... looked to be about and hour or so this morning, where it was timing out and acting whacked out. It does that sometime.

Reply to
Swingman

If you don't need binaries, try this free server:

reliable, free ...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

ATT has been a bit wonkly lately, I have been having strange problems as has my dad and neighbor.

Reply to
Leon

Karl, I get the same thing with eternal-september.org every so often, and Thunderbird will subsequently claim it couldn't send a post when it really did, then when I retry the operation I get duplicates or triplicates (I've learned not to retry the operation until I check to see if the first post actually made it). If eternal-september.org is acting up I can usually switch to my astraweb account and that will work fine, though (as Leon mentioned) I don't think AT&T (my service provider) has their act together, and some of my news server problems may very well be ISP problems...

Reply to
Steve Turner