Getting oil out of wood

Hi all I just stripped an old chair of its vestments. There is an area of about 6 sq. inches that water wont penetrate, in other words water sits on top of it. How in the world do you get the oil out of this wood so it can be stained and lacquered. Dont ask me what kind of oil it is. I honestly dont know.
Helpppppppppp
Ed
Acetone?
djb
--
------
WOMD?

I use heat to get cosomoline out of gun stocks. A heat gun, hair dryer or even the oven does a great job sweating the grease out of wooden gun stocks.
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:28:13 -0600, "Ed Perreaux"

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:28:13 -0600, "Ed Perreaux"

Standard problem in model airplanes - getting the oil out of the wood so new covering will adhere.
K2R works really well. Spray it on fairly thick, let dry completely. Brush or vacuum off. Repeat until the wood is sufficiently clear of oil. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Fred, tell us what K2R is! ;~)
Kim
Spot remover.

Kim Whitmyre wrote:

Spot lifter. It's great for removing uncured plastisol ink smudges from t-shirts.
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:13:54 -0700, Kim Whitmyre

Carpet/fabric spot remover.
Illegal in Kalifornia, if that's where you are. Probably causes warts on frogs or sumpin' . . .
I got my last couple of cans at Kroger (I think).
Quick web search turned up :
http://www.americarx.com/product.asp?3V67 but it's out of stock there; at least the photo is correct.
Another site says it's available at : http://www.medichest.com/k2rspotremoverspray6.html Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com