Getting a Unisaw home

I guess that would apply to me...

A second load? Do you mean that laying the roll-out tarp back over residual gravel from the first load will cause scratching while unloading the second? I presume that a good sweeping or clean-out of the bed would alleviate this, or am I missing something?

Reply to
Steve Turner

Oh please. You guys have trucks, use them as trucks. Don't tell me you guys are like these soccer mom/dads I see around here in their Caddilac "pick-up" trucks that are glorified minvans.

Ooh, oohh, don't scratch my truck. God forbid it might look like I actually use it like a *truck.* :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

LOL! I'm with you; I definitely don't baby my truck, but I do enjoy having the spray-in bedliner because it keeps things from sliding around. I was just kinda confused by Larry's statement in question 2, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking.

Reply to
Steve Turner

confused by Larry's

I use my (Tundra) truck for hauling wood. I baby it (change oil, washings, regular maintenance) because it is the only vehicle I own. I guess I treat it like a car. When I bought it new the spray-on liner was $1100 (ouch), so I got the traditional liner and I'm happy with it. My driveway is sloped concrete, the tailgate almopst touches the driveway, so I can almost use it like a loading dock for big items.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'm just wondering if the OP bought the saw and how it got to it's new home.

Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme

He read all the replies and took up knitting ...

Reply to
LDosser

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:52:33 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

Ugh! (I'm not a fan.)

gravel from the

Yes.

You have to thoroughly clean both the bed and the roll. The wire mesh in the material for the roll gets the minus (stone chips/dust from

1/4- gravel) embedded. Compost is much less scratchy. But a drop-in liner will fix it up for me, precluding that from ever happening again. I'll sand and seal the bed bottom first, though.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:25:10 -0600, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

Hey, if you want rusty crap all over whatever you lay into the bed of _your_ truck, that's up to you. But don't put it on mine, thanks. I'd also prefer that the truck bed lasts as long as the truck does, please.

I get a whole lot more compliments on my work vehicle now than I did with a 17 y/o F-150 with the paint peeling off.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:32:13 -0500, the infamous Phisherman scrawled the following:

the spray-in

confused by Larry's

Who saw YOU coming? Le Hilton Trucque Outlette? Hayseuss Crisco!

My liner is going to cost $269, installed. I paid just $125 for the first one, 19 years ago.

Condolences on being a bottom dweller, Fishy. (person on the bottom of the road instead of uphill--> where the water ISN'T.)

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I couldn't care less if, for the rest of my life, I never received a single compliment about a vehicle I was driving.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:06:18 -0600, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

I didn't think so either...until I started getting them with the Tundra. It's a whole 'nother ball game with the new truck-that-doesn't-look-or-feel-like-a-truck-inside.

It's more comfy, has A/C (my first), is quiet on the freeway, and handles better than any steenkeng beemer ever made. ;)

I was REALLY ready for a new vehicle, knowwhatImean,Vern?

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm not talking about having a vehicle you like, that is a pleasure to drive, and I didn't think you were, either.

I'm talking about someone else complimenting me for a vehicle I drive. I couldn't care less about what someone thinks of the car I drive, nor the opinion of one who would place any value in that sort of thing.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yeah, I couldn't care less about being complimented on how nice my vehicle is, but I'm also a Tundra driver and I see where Larry's coming from. I've always enjoyed driving a well-made, high-quality vehicle, and moving up from a '91 Chevy S10 to the Tundra was a huge breath of fresh air. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:22:06 -0600, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

(You're talking about vainglorious beemer owners, aren't you? Heh heh heh.)

I agree, and didn't buy a show truck. I got a standard-cabbed, standard-bed (6.5'L) work truck, but I'd rather not scratch it up unnecessarily. (Do you know what they're getting to paint a freakin' truck nowadays? Keeriste!)

The few compliments (the "strokes") aren't bad to contend with. They're an added, unexpected little bonus.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have a good friend here who takes and uses his Unisaw to the jobsite. Backs the truck up to it and tips it onto its top. Claims to not have any problems with losing settings.

Reply to
DanG

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:29:56 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

but I'm also

Tundra was a huge

I took the old rubber mat out of the bed this morning, unscrewed the tailgate mat, and then washed the whole thing out. Then I cruised down to the Harbor Freight store in Medford and got some goodies. I bought a couple of those carbide rasp triangles for the new Multifunction tool I bought last month, a new face shield, and another halfmoon cutter.

Then I stopped by one of the canopy and bedliner places for a new bedliner. I had been quoted $269 from one down the street, but I called around and found a $179 price from another place half a mile up the street. She said it was a Duraliner on the phone, but when the guy brought it out, it was actually an AllStar. I checked out the corners and one was completely solid. The other was a bit wimpier, so I asked the guy if all of them were like that. He shrugged and said yeah, they're all identical. Well, it wasn't nearly as thin as I've seen on some of the other brands, so I had him install it. I had removed my homemade rails this morning and he reinstalled them for me. Instead of blowing $189 at the dealer, I sprinkled $35 at Lowes for a

10' stick of Unistrut and some fittings.

The weather was a bit gusty, but the temp was 61 and the sun was shining brightly. The chick at the bedliner place was a little hottie, so I had a good day all around...'til she showed me her left hand. Ya win some, ya lose some.

P.S: No, Dave. It didn't look anything like Betty Lou's ring from that fateful Crackerback Jocks.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Was it in a brown paper bag?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Well....

Now that this has digressed in ten or fifteen different directions; and we have collected nearly 100 posts, rendering the one excellent idea invisible......

How's your Unisaw doing?

RonB

Reply to
RonB

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 07:06:09 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

No, it was on her finger.

P.S: Sorry, it was Betty Jo (Bialoski), not Betty Lou. Betty Lou had a handbag... (fun movie!)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Everyone knew her as Nancy.

Reply to