http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/25613234.html
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Add pictures here
βœ–

*Yawn*
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:10:28 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Yeah. I wouldn't figure you'd like something having to do with actual woodworking.
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sorry, bro', but a zig-zag arrangement of pink and green floral cushions is just too gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:21:10 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Irony is a difficult thing to pull off.
Witness the current problem that The New Yorker is having with it.
It depends on the intelligence of the recipient.
In the case of The New Yorker they apparently ran into people who think that Colbert really is what he portrays (I'm not a right wing commentator but I play one on TV).
My guess is that they did not think that it would have an impact outside of their demographic of educated readers.
In the instance of Mr. Bennett he was depending on you to get that he was commenting on the zig zag chair of similar design produced by the (and this included irony is entirely too delicious) Dutch architect Gerrit Rietveld.
He gave you a clue in his naming of the piece, "Great Granny Rietveld”.
Bennett thinks that most architects design shitty furniture.
I'm inclined to agree.
If you would like to defend the honor of your homeboy - by all means have at it.
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tom Watson wrote:

Wow!
That's pretty sad.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I like the take-off on the F. L. Wright style. Seems like he'd be an interesting guy, but I think I'd rather spend shop time with him than go to an art show.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Charlie:

I'll let you know. Our woodworking club is going to visit him soon.
MJM
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:27:22 -0700 (PDT), Charlie Self

My guess is that he would feel about the same.