Foam Brush

Hi I have read references here to buying quality foam brushes. Question is who sells them? I have purchased the 24 packs from Rockler and they seam to fall apart spreading anything thicker than water. Thanks Joey

Reply to
joey

A decent foam brush will cost a couple of dollars each. Considering that they are basically throw away, they are really quite expensive compared to a good quality brush. However they are fantastic for applying oil based varnishes. FWIW, Rockler told me that they sell the cheapo kind and the better kind. The cheapos will melt in thinner. Beware those brushes that are warn to no use with oil based products. I get good ones at HD and Lowe's.

Reply to
Leon

The wooden handled foam brushes are the best. A local hardwood supplier has 'em. I've found the plastic handled foam brushes are terrible.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

What kind of material are you trying to spread?

You can't use them on laminating resins.

They will dissolve before your eyes when immersed in hydrocarbon solvents.

Forget trying to clean them, they are a single use item.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Shoulda been more specific. The pad pulls off the handle when trying to use with say a poly. They work ok for putting on Waterlox. Guess I'm using them where not aappropiate J oe

Reply to
joey