Freud TK806 for RAS? or get ????

Hey All,

A friend of mine gave me (for the price of two lunches) his old craftsman 10" RAS. I squared it up, put in a new work surface and cut some 3/4 inch baltic birch. I had problems with making the cuts. I tried a steady slow pull, but the blade would self feed, make a lot of ringing noise and leave an ugly ruffled kerf.

I read some previous posts and found that is a symptom of a dull blade. So, I'm thinking of buying a new blade and have identified the Frued TK806. Is that the ultimate RAS Crosscut blade? or is there something better?

I found the TK806 on sale for around $60 including shipping, but I could go up to $80 or so. I have a crowbar handy.

Thanks,

-Sandwriter

Reply to
Sandwrtr

Or a fine tooth new blade that is crap. Had one on my Delta cross cut. Hurt my ears... The Feud Cross cut blade is fine. Now it's only about 99 dB. :-) The only one crossed the pain threshold.

Reply to
Will