Fixing scarches/peeled off finish for a table

I have bought a brand new coffee table. I installed it and now after a month, the finish peels off at some points. To be specific, a piece of wood is installed on top of the table top (all around the rim to give the top more depth!). when I moved my finger at the place where the wood meets the table top, the finish/stain is easily peeled off. I know that the finish did not touch the wood, so finish just dried up and sits on nowhere. that's why it comes off all right. Now I have got bare white spots all aroud my table rim. Can you tell me how to fix this? I do not have any clue what type of stain it is used. One thing I know for sure. The finish is not a PolyUrethane.

thanks a lot for your help.

Reply to
FA

Seeing as how the table is only a month old the easiest way to fix the problem should be to call the store where you bought the table and complain.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

You shouldn't have to do anything but make a phone call. Have the store give your money back when they pick it up.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

yeah, I'll chime in and agree with you and Jack that it's time to call the store and ask for an exchange or repair if that would be satisfactory.

Dave

Reply to
David