Fixing scarches/peeled off finish for a table

I have bought a brand new coffee table. I installed it and now after a month, the finish peels off at some points. To be specific, a piece of wood is installed on top of the table top (all around the rim to give the top more depth!). when I moved my finger at the place where the wood meets the table top, the finish/stain is easily peeled off. I know that the finish did not touch the wood, so finish just dried up and sits on nowhere. that's why it comes off all right. Now I have got bare white spots all aroud my table rim. Can you tell me how to fix this? I do not have any clue what type of stain it is used. One thing I know for sure. The finish is not a PolyUrethane.
thanks a lot for your help.
FA wrote:

Seeing as how the table is only a month old the easiest way to fix the problem should be to call the store where you bought the table and complain.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
RonB wrote:

the store and ask for an exchange or repair if that would be satisfactory.
Dave