Protecting table saw finish

Howdy Well after 5 months I finally got to use my new Rigid table saw. The project is a workbench. I was using a tenoning jig (another new toy - cast iron) and notice that it is starting to mark the surface of the table saw. It's not your typical cast iron top. What can I do to minimize the wearing?

Reply to
Rebel

is it aluminum? if so, be sure the underside of the jig is super smooth. apply wax (SC Johnson's Paste Wax is a perennial favorite) to the top. Now you know why cast iron tops are used for premium table saws! :)

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Rebel

look at it THIS way: if you are able to show SWMBO that you actually WORE OUT a table saw, she will realize that you are USING your tools to their utmost and now deserve a more robust hunk of equipment to replace it! :) (there's a silver lining in every cloud...)

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:59:05 -0600, "Rebel" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Don't know the jig, but is there any way to put an alum plate under the jig?

Reply to
Old Nick

You can buy UHMW plastic in a very thin TAPE that can be applied to the bottom of the tenioning jig to give you slick patches/strips tha will keep the metal bottom from chewing the table top from most woodworking catalogs

John

Reply to
John