I recently undertook a queen anne table project for SWMBO. This is my first
major project, so I was a bit nervous. Anyway, I got into milling the wood,
as I got to play with my new jointer. I made the table top, got to use the
biscuit joiner for the first time, and the table top turned out nicely.
Then, I started the part I feared most, the legs. I bandsawed them out of
cherry stock, and the shape was pretty nice. However, the real enjoyment
came when it was time to shape the legs into the final cabriole shape. I
was nervous, because I didn't have any big power tools to rely on, just a
microplane, a file, a scraper, and a bunch of sandpaper.
Well, I put the finishing touches on the first leg, and I have to admit, it
was just as, if not more, ejoyable than playing with the power tools. It
was really cool as the leg took its final shape. Now I can't wait to finish
the rest and put it together.