Finishing Q

I'm making a doll cradle for my daughter and debating the type of finish to use. I'm trying to decide between tung oil and poly. I haven't really worked with tung oil. Is it safe for a child's toy and will it hold up?
Thanks, Tom Wojeck
Shellac would be safe and more durable than oil. OTOH, NOTHING you put on the wood can protect it from a determinedly "active" child. :)
David
Tom Wojeck wrote:

Yes it is safe and it depends on what your daughter does with it. If it is used just as a cradle for a doll it should stand up.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods