Finish for blued pine?

I'm building a couple end-tables out of blued-pine and was wondering what type of finish to use to show off the blueing. Ideally I'd like to have a finish which is durable enough to withstand the occasional coffee spill.
Thanks in advance, Lance

I've used clear shellac or polyurethane with great success. Would guess that any clear finish would do the job.
Vic
Vic Baron wrote:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything for UV protection. I left some blued pine out in the sun most of last summer and it completely lost it's color. That's what I'm hoping to avoid since the room I'll be putting the tables in is pretty bright and sunny.
Thanks, Lance

what
have
left
putting
Not sure on that point, Lance. The pieces I've done were in 'normally' lit rooms. Some sunshine but nothing directly on the wood and I had no problems. Someone else may jump in with more direct info tho.
Vic

left
putting
Marine spar varnish has UV inhibitors in it.
Bob
Lance Spaulding wrote:

I had never heard of blued pine before. I Googled it and it sounds interesting. I would like to see some stuff made of it. When your table are done would you post some pics on abpw?
Thanks Glen

Here in BC they're calling it "Denim Pine". Googling that got twice as many hits as blued pine. http://www.denimpine.ca / Brian, in Cedar
Glen wrote:

No promises, but if they turn out OK, I will. I'm a pretty amateur woodworker and these are my first pieces of inside furniture that I've made w/o plans.
Lance