"blued" stainless steel pan

My wife, quite unlike her, put a saucepan on the heat with no contents. while is is clean it has spoilt the finish, from brownish to blue, inside and out. Is there any remedy please?

Reply to
Broadback

The brown to blue colours are merely oxides formed on the surface, fine wire wool should remove them.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Or a good old fashiioned scouring powder like Vim or Bar Keepers Friend.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Do you need to do anything?

If it still cooks and doesn't poison you by leaching out metals then why does it matter if it is blued?

Steel woks get blued, then have oil burnt on them, as a matter of course when they are being "run in".

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Has she said "That's your fault" or will she say that later in the month:-)?

Reply to
ARW

In article , ARW writes

What I'm slightly concerned about is the acceptance of 'brownish' as being the normal colour for stainless :-)

Reply to
fred

fred scribbled

You accept blackish as the normal colour for non-stick pans.

Reply to
Jonno

Except for the white one we have ... :o)

Reply to
Huge

Every guy in the world shares your understanding of female psychology!

Reply to
Windmill