finger plane

Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes. A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.
TIA Rick

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2680&cat=1,41182

Yeah. What I was going to post. I had a nearly complete set some years ago, but a friend has them now. Pretty little tools and very effective on smaller scale work.
Rick Stein wrote:

Three sources:
http://www.stjamesbaytoolco.com/luthier.html http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&CategoryG3 http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p2680&cat=1,41182
Google "luthier plane" and you should find others.
--John

http://cgi.ebay.com/Luthier-round-finger-plane-a-set-five_W0QQitemZ220269438358
"Rick Stein" wrote

An item used by luthiers/acoustic instruments makers, so you should be able to find them from those who supply that trade.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:04:03 -0500, Rick Stein wrote:

Woodcraft carries several models of LN "luthier" planes.

I would try Lee Valley, Maybe Constanties or look on ebay..
Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
randyswoodshoop wrote:

Thank you to all who took the time to reply. I appreciate it.
Rick

Harbor Freight has some on sale right now...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94520

That's a hoot. I had bought a few sets of the Crown version of those planes that came in a wooden box. I bought the sets for ~$10 a pop and I was selling them on eBay and getting $40.
Look at this web site http://thehardwarecity.com /. It has deal products on this topic.
--
ipc_781