Finger/box jointer

After using my Black and Decker finger jointer attachment, I fell to wondering if there is a modern equivalent.
Google turned up loads of descriptions on how to make a Jointer for use with a bench saw. This looks OK apart from the need for a dado blade set for the saw.
An alternative suggested was a straight cutter and a dovetail jig. I have been considering such a purchase but been put off by the lack of adjustment (drawer depth has to suit the dovetail jig spacing).
Has anyone come across such a device?
regards
--
Tim Lamb

On 09/01/2012 20:13, Tim Lamb wrote:

You would need a set of different combs for the jig as well to do finger jointing. Some come with, some have them as extras.

Even the basic ones will handle a drawer up to about 12" deep. You then just position the timber in the jig to get your half pins in the right place top and bottom.
The posher jigs like the leigh ones are fully adjustable as well, so you can position the dovetails wherever you like.
--
Cheers,

John.

On 09/01/2012 20:13, Tim Lamb wrote:

Google "Woodrat" - but not a cheap solution.
There's a comb jointer design on http://woodgears.ca/ that looks tempting

Hmm... expensive way to make up boxes for stacking TV accessories. (PVR, DVD player etc.)

Back to fiddling with the bench saw.
regards
--
Tim Lamb

On 10/01/2012 10:17, Tim Lamb wrote:

Would a mitre lock cutter be an option:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbJszKqyfBA

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-axminster-box-comb-router-jointer--package-deal-prod828711 /
though I think it over priced. If you have a router table making up the table saw type jig to suit should do the job
Paul Mc Cann