Festool power tools.

Page 8 of 12  


Yes.
Markem can surely give a better explanation than I but primarily mechanical resonances. Obviously these need to be controlled in-band but my understanding is that out of band resonances can have an effect in-band too.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/5/2012 12:12 PM, Stuart wrote:

No need to explain ... I'm familiar with the process and agree (that is, if our different terminology is not "masking" my understanding of your point). :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/3/2012 10:36 AM, Dave wrote:

Do you regard that as a rigorous argument? Supportive data would make all the difference.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Primarly how dc current flows not an alternating one. Other wise the green movement would have you replace your house wiring to be more green.
There you go Monster house wires.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're thinking of "skin effect"

Only becomes noticeable at /high/ frequencies. There is a formula but not suitable for a plain-test news post.
With 13A copper mains cable at frequencies below 13kHz the skin depth is greater than the cable radius. At 20kHz the skin depth is 0.47mm and the conductor radius radius is 0.6. The conductor resistance increase from 152mOhm to 160mOhm per meter which will have no appreciable consequences.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/3/2012 9:29 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Sure it will, particularly, as with most "brand name" audio cabling, when gauge and length of run are taken into consideration and matched to the components ... something not necessarily taken into account with cheaper speaker wire.
That is an inarguable, scientific fact.
Only extreme arrogance would automatically assume that since they can't hear the difference, others can't.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Rethink that. Dust collectors move a *lot* of air. Unless you don't mind replacing that air (and heat), this might not be such a good idea. My compressor lives in the garage, though.

Right. There is no money to made from over-estimating the intelligence of audiophools, though.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/4/2012 11:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

And the dust collectors are not really an annoying noise, typically quieter than any of the machines that they are hooked up to.
One odd exception however is my dust collector and my stationary planer. Neither are bad by them selves just running and not working but both together seems to triple the noise at the planer.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't find them so. Some do, apparently. Pehaps it has to do with the DC itself?

I can't hear anything above the planer. The DC is just a woosh, by comparison. ;-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Leon" wrote

Mine sounds like an F-16 just after lighting the afterburner.
Max
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/5/2012 11:19 AM, Max wrote:

i have found most things in the industrial world that don't make much noise aren't doing much work. i think this especially applies to vacuums and blowers.
--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Not true. There are a lot of things that can be done to mitigate noise. Do you buy the loudest car because it goes faster? The quietest because it gets better gas mileage?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/5/2012 12:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

no, but since you brought it up, the fastest ones do make the most noise.
--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It must be the noise that causes the speed, right?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/5/2012 3:20 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

uh, no. the power produced causes the speed. The still burning and expelled gasses make the noise.
--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I suppose you've never heard of a muffler? You seem to equate the two.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 06:54:17 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Rear spoilers.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2/5/2012 11:46 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

In this case, 1100 CFM Jet DC and or a Festool Dust extractor you thinking would be very wrong.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What are you running, Max? Or did you just get some clothespins and playing cards set up in the intake to stroke the impeller for that sound effect?
My Griz 1029 is a quiet, strong sucker; a real sweetheart.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Larry Jaques" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/84jz8yz My Oneida really sucks but it doesn't do it quietly.
Max, using ear protection
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.