Axminster Power Tools Belly Up ?

According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Reply to
fred

According to SWMBO. I now believe it may be Axminster Carpets !

Reply to
fred

Are you sure it wasn't "Axminster Carpets in administration talks"?

Reply to
polygonum

Mr Pounder

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh

- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast, processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces, have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes from them.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

On Wednesday 20 February 2013 17:15 Gordon Henderson wrote in uk.d-i-y:

That's believable.

Axminster Tools *would* be a surprise...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nice part of the country. A bit north of me but still relatively civilised and a good starting off point for visiting the 'moor and it is home to the South Devon [steam] Railway.

Reply to
rbel

I did not know they were still in business anyway, which I suppose is the reason they have died. Not enough public awareness and sailable product.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes, gone for the chop, nobody is going to make a pile out of that then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Wilton?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So who makes carpets and woven products in this country these days?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

But you only need to add "sobs I" to make abstract expressionism out of axminster carpets.

Reply to
polygonum

I think Brian is getting mixed up with Axminster Boats, in his previous post.

Reply to
Broadback