Festool power tools.

Page 12 of 12
On 2/5/2012 5:06 PM, Dave wrote:

I think what Rob means is that anyone who likes to delve into the principles of acoustics is a psycho! ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Apparently, he is an expert in this sort of thing. ;-)

I will give you a hint.
I use to run a small voice only studio. I had some very good AM radio monitors. Which is all I needed for voice recordings. These were very good speakers with NO high end. That's right. They went to about a 2/3rd through the conventional audio spectrum, then nada, nothing, zip. I often had folks over who had to wait for somebody to record. I would put on some music for them.
Without exception, they always commented on the wonderful high end that my speakers had. I would try to explain to them that there was no high end. Just great bottom and middle. But since they heard the great bottom and middle frequencies, They filled in the high end. I did not do it. The speakers did not do it. There was a filter that chopped it off. There was nothing electrical or acoustic that filled in the high end. It was all done through what is referred to as psycho acoustic effect. It was internally generated in their own brain. And when I would show them the documentation on the speakers (JBL's) they would tell me I was lying.
Electronics and acoustics be damned. The human mind is capable of all kinds of things that conventional, left brain types will not admit or believe.

Is that you Robatoy?? I haven't seen a post of yours in months!! What did you do to appease the internet gods to get this message through?
Good to hear from ya!
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

How's puppydawg? GoogleGroups basically sucks. I spend most of my social-Net time on Facebook. I tend to visit that at least a few times daily.
wrote

Send me your email addy and Facebook info. I took some pictures recently and am putting together a second "Bucky report" and will send it to you and Karl.
Quick comments, we recently got snow and puppy has genetic memory of snow and wan in dog heaven all the time the snow was around. He would literally do flips with excitement when out in the snow. We also got a kitten and they are the best of buddies. Together they terrorize the house. She gets up on things and knock them on the floor. He immediately chews them up. I will get that report and pictures out soon.
David Paste wrote:

I just received this message from Woodcraft. The last line ought to be of interest to you Festool fans! It says "major" price increase, almost like it's an "event"! ;)
Concerning SawStop, it says, "A great promotion to save you money". -- If anybody hears the details on SS though, please share. It's strange they didn't mention them in their email. Though I'm still not sure how much I can afford to save. : )
Read each of the 6 lines separately. It's clear that they mean well!
Dear Friends:
Its not often we get opportunities like these that come along!
If you have been thinking about buying a SawStop table saw, or some more Festool products,
NOW IS THE TIME!!
A great promotion to save you money has just begun for SawStop Professional Saws*
Not only that, Festool just announced a major price increase effective at the end of February.
On 2/9/2012 8:02 PM, Bill wrote:

Now that is funny. I think the great promotion is that they are going to sell a bunch at regular price now to save you money later.
Time for me to buy sand paper though.
On 2/10/2012 6:42 AM, Leon wrote:

Just bought a hundred bucks worth last week and going back to get some more.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yup. That's what you get when you try to recycle all those telephone poles and railroad ties, using, of course, your Festool plunge saw.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin