Fein repair Serivce?

I have had a Fein Miltimaster for about 5 months and suddenly it stops working. It acts like it is not plugged in. I return the tool to Fein in PA with the understanding that it will take 1 week plus shipping back to Houston. 3 weeks later I call to find out about its status. It is going out today was the answer and I get it 1 week later. That was last week. Today I plug the tool in for the first time and it still will not run. I call Fein and they want me to pay for shipping again to return it for them to repair again. It never worked! why should I have to pay again?
Talking to the service manager I suggested that they send me a replacement today and I'll send them the one I have. He said he would see if he could do that for me. He is the Service Manager! Couldn't he have made that decision while we were talking?
Has any one else had to have a Fein tool repaired and or by the Fein repair station in PA?
Leon wrote:
> Talking to the service manager I suggested that they send me a replacement > today and I'll send them the one I have. He said he would see if he could > do that for me. He is the Service Manager! Couldn't he have made that > decision while we were talking?
Two (2) things:
1) In today's market, you have a tough time getting past a "talking head" to reach a decision maker who has basically been programmed to say "I'll have to get back to you".
I once went directly to the CEO's office to get an issue resolved.
2) You obviously have never had to do business with the Germans, they live in a different world.
Lew
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:53:50 GMT, "Leon"

I have a Fein vacuum as well as a Multimaster. Had them both for years and I consider them probably the best made tools I have.
However, their customer service could not be worse. I, too, had similar problems and could never even get Fein USA to answer my emails. I finally gave up. I ended up filing down some brushes to fit and repaired the damned thing myself.
Hard to understand how a company can produce such excellent products and have such lousy customer service. They probably need to bring some of those efficient Germans over here to run Fein USA.

customer service. Austrians are the same way.
"Leon" wrote in message

At that point I always insist on talking directly to the person that he has to ask to get permission as to whether "he could do that for me". If that doesn't work, the Nuclear Option ... let Linda handle it. ;)
That's a bummer. If you need one ITMT, you know what to do.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

I'm afraid to ask----> Linda???
"Robatoy" wrote in message

"Customer Service's" worst nightmare! ... the otherwise gentle, sweet, _pit-bull_ I'm married to. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Swingman wrote:

Must be something in the name. My Linda is the same way. All sweetness and light until she realizes that some merchant is trying to cheat her - then look out!
--
It's turtles, all the way down

That is concerning. I just sent back my Fein Vac this week because it would not start. I was promised no more then three weeks. In the interim, my shop's looking more of a mess each day. I hope the promised turnaround time was not just some customer service BS.