Fein service follow up

I never saw my post and had to go to Google to see if it made it. I also checked the responses.

About 30 minutes after I posted the previous message, Bob Hilliard from Fein in PA called me back and accepted my suggestion. They are shipping me a replacement unit today and I will return mine when it gets here. They are prepaying shipping both ways this time.

I think they have done every thing that they possibly could, considering the circumstances. They appear to want to be responsible for their screw up.

Is their service after the sale good? Not for me. I should not have had to deal with this problem a second time.

Are they making every effort to fix the problem, Absolutely.

Swingman, thank you for the offer of a solution. I am beginning a new job Friday and will put this little project on hold. Hopefully the replacement tool will be here early next week before I finish the job. BTY the segmented saw blade works pretty good using the Multimaster manually. ;~) I am in the middle of a veneer job and was hoping to use the Multimaster to trim the veneer.

Are you under water yet. It was raining so hard here a few minutes ago that I could not see the back yard neighbors house. I got 1 inch of rain in about 15 minutes.

Reply to
Leon

A very large fabricator of solid surface/friend of mine has had nothing but good things to say about those few times he had to deal with Fein Canada. My personal experience, although limited, has been stellar.

I would recommend Fein to anybody. Nikon? Not so much.

Reply to
Robatoy

Swim on up here and get mine! ;)

Not too bad for a city who hires engineers who know less than the developers of 75 years ago. They still haven't figured out that lowering streets 3' results in flooded streets, a problem we've only had since they pulled that bonehead stunt about five years ago.

Duhh ...

Reply to
Swingman

I would also recommend the Fein tool to most any one also. I am not saying that the tool is not of good quality only that the QC at the PA Fein repair station was lacking in this instance. I am also saying they apparently recognize the problem and are doing what a reasonable person would expect at this point.

Reply to
Leon

Would that be in or around Austin? Friend there says they got 5 1/2" of rain overnight. The phrase "God willing - and the creek don't rise" is not just a saying in central Texas. The weather there can change four times in a single 24 hour period - Mother Nature with PMS.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Leon's in Houston about 10 miles from me. Yesterday afternoon we had the worst rain here in my area of town that I've seen since SE Asia, where I once saw 19" of rain in one afternoon. At one point yesterday I literally could not see my truck in the street, 50' away from the front porch.

Not even Allison (the 'tropical storm' that cost me a home in '01) could compare in intensity, but thank goodness not duration.

Reply to
Swingman

No, in Houston. Austin is in the "Hill Country" and a rain like that can cause some serious flash flooding. In June of 2001 Houston got 35 inches one weekend. One of the major freeways near Swingman drops about 20'-25' below normal ground level for several miles and it looked like the Panama Canal. It was completely full of water. IIRC that section of freeway was completely closed down for several days while the water drained out.

Reply to
Leon