FedEx Freight

Page 3 of 3

No kidding...
But the strange thing is that they obviously don't comprehend or believe the things they read, so how in the hell do they get this far?
Robert

Guess he's been able to take advantage of some of the built in protections society affords people who just don't know any better. Don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it's obvious they seem to be working.

My dad worked for the Federal Trade Comm. A law suit came in from a guy who used a gas powered rotary lawnmower to trim the sides of his hedges. Picked it up, flipped it 90 degrees and trimmed away, till...OOOPS!! He was hurt, it's the lawnmower company's fault.
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:36:27 +0300, "Rick Samuel"

Wow! Maybe you can get a case number or some other positive identifying data about that case, because Snopes has been looking for something to confirm that story (which has been around for years) but hasn't been able to find anything.
But don't listen to me:
http://www.snopes.com/legal/trimmer.asp
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

*IF* a gasoline powered lawnmower could run on it's side, it wouldn't run that way for long as my intuition tells me that the oil from the crank-case would take out the piston pretty quickly (maybe a 2 stroke?) and as those mowers have no fuel-pump, I can't imagine it running for very long. I say shenanigans!!

Will have to get back to you as to when. Could be as early as 1975. My dad retired about 17 years ago.
Rick Samuel wrote:

Here's a recent local one as reported in the paper...
A truck driver was delivering eggs to a supermarket. He -and eggs, supposedly - were on the truck's lift about five feet up in the air. He dropped the remote that operates the lift.
He didn't want to jump off because he did that a couple of months ago and hurt a knee so he yells for market employees to come help him. No one came so he sits down on the lift so he can scoot off. Remember now, he was all of five feet up which means that once he sat down his feet were maybe 24-30" off the ground.
Well, he botched it and fell on his head. Now he is suing the supermarket for $10,000,000 because of their negligence. They were negligent because he is inept and/or stupid? I say he should have sued his parents for genetic deficiency.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

It's my understanding most of that type of personal injury case is taken on a contingency fee basis. I don't think a competent lawyer would want to waste time on a case that has absolutely no merit and a poor chance for a payout. If the guy found a lawyer willing to take the case, there may be something more to the story. Although, I guess there are some attorneys that are willing to try suing everybody within a 1/4 mile radius of the accident site and hope one of them will settle to avoid the harassment.
I agree that if the report posted is a fair compilation of the relevant facts, the guy's best case is against the parents for not using effective birth control.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Lawyers have told me that refusing to take a case solely on the basis of lack of merit can get them disbarred. This apparently is an overreaction on the part of the various state goverments to the situation that existed at one time in which a member of a minority could not secure representation no matter what the merits of the case.

--John
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:21:20 -0400, "J. Clarke"

My "bullshit alarm" is going wild.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Rick Samuel wrote:

Various parks and highway departments are using an articulated mowing machine for this very task. They lift the mower up and turn it sideways and trim the ditch trees along a roadway.
Dave N

This is taken directly from the rec.anti FAQ
13. WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN THE TRUCKDRIVER REFUSES TO UNLOAD AND SET UP MY NEW 2000LB MAIL ORDER BLURFL? Truck Drivers should be required to break their backs because you ordered from a mail-order company to get a price break and not from your local dealer. To hell with OSHA and all other stupid government regulations. Its a real ripoff when you pay $25.00 for shipping 1000 pounds across the continent and then have to pay a whole bunch more to get it unloaded at your house. Lift gates should be compulsory on all semi trailers, to force the freight companies to deal fairly with their hobbyist woodworking customer, who are the largest part of their business. Do they think everybody has a loading dock in their workshop? Its obviously not the mail order company since they always make sure they get the best, fastest, and most expensive shipping methods and always specify FAS delivery.
Its sad that some people actually believe this :) Vid...