Extra Shelf for TV Stand

I have a TV stand that has 2 shelves. I need to put a third shelf in. I guess I need to go to home depot and have them cut me a piece of particle board and then what? Paint it? Any advice appreciated.

Yup. Paint it, then nail it in from both sides. Don't worry about lining it up or making it level, that's only for the anal-retentiive.
If they cut it too short, go back and have them cut it again.
Dude, you are a psychic. Went there this morning. We told the guy the dimensions twice, gave him a piece of paper with them written on it, and he still cut it half an inch short width wise so it didn't sit on the clamps. (Well, either you are a psychic or the behavior of baboons is incredibly predictable.)
Turns out they aren't supposed to cut particle board anymore. They did it though.
Does anyone know if there's a way to get black laminate to stick on this crap?
Thanks!

"Reseus P. Monkey" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com>

"Reseus P. Monkey" wrote:
<snip>

Double sided tape.
Nah, better to use hand forged square tapered shank nails.
--
Think thrice, measure twice and cut once.

Sanding is like paying taxes ... everyone has to do it, but it is

Nah......just cut a piece of cardboard to fit on top of the Beta machine on the bottom shelf & stack all the dirty videos on top of that, if it is a top loading machine make sure the cardboard is thick & sturdy as you will need to lift your new shelf & videos out each time you load & unload your player. Why paint it? you would only have to throw out yet another brush.
--
Jon Down

Why not just have one made in a cabinet shop. Won't cost much if they use scrap ebony they have around. Ed