Motor Rebuilding Shops in NC??

I have a 40+ year old Delta Milwaukee RAS. Lately whenever I shut it down it screams rather rudely. Sounds to me as if it might be time to replace the bearings. Maybe even check the windings. Anyone know of a good rebuilding shop in and around the Triangle area of NC?? I suppose I could replace the motor but I think it could be a challenge to find one that would fit the mounts and a hell of a lot more expensive than having the original rebuilt. Not to mention it would be more pleasing to the eye. What do these shops do when they rebuild a motor anyway??

Reply to
DIYGUY

Sheesh man ... I asked once in my town in S. Cali, about rewinding new copper onto a motor, just an average moter, he said a whopping $350.00!!!!!!!!!! I once bought a NOS Dayton (1725rpm) for MUCH cheaper, maybe (I forget) $40 to $70 ...

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK