Extra cash at HD automated checkup

Page 4 of 7

90-day training program for gas pumping certification?!?! I am deathly afraid of having my car filled by anyone who needs 90 days to learn how. If I can train my dog to do it in three weeks, do you think that would be okay? <g>
--
Alex

There is another method. My wife just says "my car needs gas". Works for her every time. Ed

Yeah, mine has a similar lap dog <g>.
--
Alex
says...

In Oregon, the station get's fined for letting you pump your own gas.
kenR wrote:

back off and hand you the hose to fill it yourself. I have never once had one of the high school dropouts manning the gas pumps in Orygun insist on filling my MC gas tank.
True story:
We were headed home to California after spending a week traveling around Orygun in our camper. We stopped in Brookings headed south on our way out of Orygun to get some groceries and trade in our weeks worth of empty beverage cans.
Being a space efficient guy, I had crushed the beverage cans, leaving the Orygun recycling notice visible.
I took the cans into a store in Brookings to recycle them, and the Orygon bimbo at the counter said "We can't give you a refund for these cans, you have ruined them, how could they ever refill them."
I asked her to call her manager, who fortunately was a transplant from California and had at least a double digit IQ. He told her that they melted the cans down and that it didn't matter that they were bent. That's why it takes 90 days to train them.
Rico
Rico wrote:

Shouldda told her that they puff back out when filled. :)
I see your idiot and raise you. When I moved to Orygun 6 years ago I was flabbergasted at the way many people give directions to somewhere. They don't know the street names or even the compass points. "Turn left at the light after the blue building with the big rabbit statue out front, then turn right 3 streets before the bridge . . . " I thank the gods for my Thomas Guide every time I venture into unfamiliar territory around here.
Art

Wood Butcher wrote:

It ain't just Orygon. "Turn when you get to the place where that big oak tree was that got cut down a few years ago. Then go up the road a piece to where the old school house burnt down and hang a left. You can't miss it."

8 years for me. And my peeve is that the signs directing you to a certain highway or bridge (like in downtown Stumptown) aren't a block before you have to turn... no, they stick them right AT the intersection - you have no time to get in the proper lane, slow down, prepare for the transition. "TURN HERE!"
-snip-

Hoboy. She would have worked out well in a MickeyD's. They don't have numbers on their cash registers, just pictures.
And I guess the last 6'9" 350lb guy on a $25,000 scoot with a $3,000 lacquer job showed that pump jockey who was boss, eh?
---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it. http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

I heard you raised the average IQ of both states when you moved :):):)
Don't get me wrong, I like Oregon and was born there, but it is definitely in a different time zone. Mostly good differences, but different.
On Topic: They have a lot of wood.
Dick

Yeah, I've a 60's golden-oldie - the kids hand me the nozzle to fill it up and I hand it back when I'm done. Never had a problem.

OHHHH YA CRUSHED 'EM! In my neck of Orygone that makes them much less than the nickel promised. Was 'splained to me that they have to be sure the cans qualify for the refund and the barcode readers can't read a crushed can. Wish they'd just make everything returnable.
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:28:02 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC

So THAT's what it's like in Upper OR, is it? I'm sure glad I don't live there. We get gentle rains here. (so far) Seattle just got really HAMMERED, didn't it? I'm glad I don't live in WA, either. My buddy passed through the Olympia rainforest last spring and said it got 600+ inches annually. I'm happy for our meager 32", I tell ya. It's also drier here than LoCal, despite double the rainfall. Nice! I'm actually looking forward to the rainy season this year. Can you imagine THAT from an longtime Californicator like me? I still can't.

It's cheaper at the highest-priced full-service stations here than at the cheapest self-serve in CA, so I'm happy.

Ditto on all counts, Owie.
---- A mostly meat-powered woodworker, and proud of it. http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

I'm a native 'Zonie, but part of me - a very small part of me - also looks forward to the rains. Up here it does get pretty blustery rainy. A couple years ago me'n't'family were headed down Reno way before Christmas. The wind was so strong between here and Ashland my truck's wipers were lifting off the windshield.
Come January there's a cold snap that ices everything - trees breaking and lines snapping. It only lasts a few days, so that's it for the freezing and it's back to constant drizzle for a few more months.
I agree about WA and Olympia - waaay to moist.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:52:46 +0000, Larry Jaques wrote:

Just to be tek-knuck-el, it's the "Olympic Rain Forest". As a wee lad, worked for the Old Man on some parks jobs on the "West End". That's what residents of the east side of the Olympic Peninsula call the coast side. Anyhoo, we wore ponchos to keep dry. Yeah, right - it rained so damned hard the water would bounce back up getting you wet clear up to your armpits.
-Doug

Stay away from New Jersey then. Crazy legislators think people are too dumb to pump their own gas. (It's illegal)
NJBrad

We buy all our gas at the local Federated Co-op. Full serve, and when I get my patronage cheque every June, I save about 2.5 cents a litre.
Same pump price as the self serve down the block and the full serve station across the street.
Cost me $10, 9 years ago, to become a Co-op member.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
The reason I don't patronize the self-checkouts at HD and my local grocery stores is twofold: a) I'm not as fast and accurate as the checker, and b) self-service checkout stands take away jobs. With jobs disappearing as fast as the U.S. budget surplus I don't think it's a very good idea to facilitate the process. Besides, why should I have to do the work when I don't get a discount?
The self service only works for me when the only cashier has 10 people in line and the self serve is empty.
I hate standing in line to give some one my money.
So what next? steal the tools, what you are doing is just as dis-honest, So someone made a mistake, Wouldn't have been better to check with with the store mgr. or the person watching the express checkout and see if they could track the person, They paid cash so they probably couldn't But I would be able to sleep better knowing I did.