Exotic Would Like to Have Toy

Page 1 of 2

http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But, considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would like to have just for the hell of it" category.
That is nice - some trades that would be a hot tool to have.
Martin
On 2/11/2012 11:52 PM, Dave wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:13:29 -0600, Martin Eastburn

I could use one of those, but I fear the price. Oh, "only" $500!
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101
On 2/12/2012 8:40 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Just think how many lives will be saved if you don't have to climb around measuring things with tape... Cheap at half the price I say... Perhaps we can get the government to mandate every man woman and child buy one, before the rest of us get stuck paying for [their] broken legs, heads full of mush, and other easily preventable events.
--
Jack

So this is what it's come down to eh? Your daily life revolves around complaining about SawStop.
Get a life. Wait!! My apologies, you have a life. It's called Jack and the SawStop. Book to appear soon. Perhaps Jack can get the US government to mandate it as required reading for school children nation wide.
On 2/12/2012 12:29 PM, Dave wrote:

No, it revolves around tools I'd love to have but don't need....
Oh, wait, that's your thang!
--
Jack
On 2/12/2012 10:21 AM, Jack wrote:

they could call it TAPE $TOP.
--
Steve Barker
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:00:58 -0600, Steve Barker

Yeah, and charge $137.99 for the $3 tape, including license fee, just like the other guys!
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101
Dave wrote:

Jeeze! I read your subject as "Exotic [dancer] would like to have [sex] toy".

Feeling a little deprived lately are you? :)

For those that can use the capabilities, it is $500 well spent. For the most of us, nifty toy. I wonder what the learning curve is to learn all the features.

Basic geometry, trig and algebra. Obviously, a competent knowledge of what these mathematics do and which one is needed for the next step to calculate a problem is needed. A grade 12 mathematics refresher course would be needed, unless they learn this stuff earlier these days.

8th or 9th grade
"Cliff Hartle" wrote in message

8th or 9th grade ===========================================================And they forget it by time they graduate. Always have to be retrained on the job. Even if they remember, they have to be shown how to use it for something practical. It is taught in school as nothing more than mental gymnastics.

My sons' had to remember it. You have to for studying engineering in college. They pasted my a few years ago.
A smartphone app could do most of the functions using a regular laser range finder. It could even use the phones angle finder for the more advanced geometric functions requiring an angle.

How accurate are regular laser range finders? IIRC, this one would accurately record a distance of 200 meters to +/- a millimeter. The regular laser range finders couldn't do that the last time I looked at one.

Yea haven't ever looked at them since I have no need to do estimating.

How accurate are regular laser range finders? IIRC, this one would accurately record a distance of 200 meters to +/- a millimeter. The regular laser range finders couldn't do that the last time I looked at one.

Cool, but for me this would probably fall into the "last dumb ass purchase category" for lack of use... ;~)
John