eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - project start?

Page 2 of 2

+1! How did you do that?
--
Best regards
Han
On 12/2/2012 8:05 PM, Han wrote:

How did I do what? ;)
If you mean those bevels ... simple: a Jig and a miter saw.
ALWAYS think JIG!
(Basically, there is nothing that can't be done if you can imagenineer a jig to do it). :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I get it. Some day I'll get a miter saw. Too many tools already (for the size of the workshop). Memo to self: Organize stuff ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 12/3/2012 7:49 AM, Han wrote:

Not all that necessary. For years and years the only "miter saw" I had was a miter box and a good hand miter saw:
http://makeprojects.com/Project/Make+Straight+Wood+Cuts+with+a+Miter+Box/1573/1
AAMOF, when I do the final, onsite trimout of a cabinet or built-in, I still prefer to use one over a miter saw. Don't need to lug it about, don't need power, can use it in cramped quarters, quieter, and easier to clean up the less mess.
> Some day I'll get a miter saw. Too many tools already (for > the size of the workshop). Memo to self: Organize stuff ...
I feel your pain ... Leon asked me the other day why I didn't have a 12" disc sander like his?
Simple: have no place to put one.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Thanks !
--
Best regards
Han

Had one of those for awhile, then upgraded a few years ago to a bigger brother. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p2927&cat=1,42884,43836

If you look at Karl's sig he has added a web site that I think will do well for him. His pictures really make the spaces look huge.
Mike M