eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - project start?

Reply to
Dave

Swingman wrote in news:8rSdnXZie-RkliHNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I get it. Some day I'll get a miter saw. Too many tools already (for the size of the workshop). Memo to self: Organize stuff ...

Reply to
Han

Not all that necessary. For years and years the only "miter saw" I had was a miter box and a good hand miter saw:

when I do the final, onsite trimout of a cabinet or built-in, I still prefer to use one over a miter saw. Don't need to lug it about, don't need power, can use it in cramped quarters, quieter, and easier to clean up the less mess.

I feel your pain ... Leon asked me the other day why I didn't have a 12" disc sander like his?

Simple: have no place to put one.

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:boydneKqY5sJLCHNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Thanks !

Reply to
Han

brother.

Dave

> Hi Karl. Can you tell me how you bent this wood? Thanks

nice work there Swingman, but just out of curiousity did you cut these chamfers on the tablesaw? how'd you get the bent leg section out of the way, raise the leg off the top, or did you cut w/the leg vertical?

You and Leon and your festools... do you get a kickback from Festool for showing all your festools????? Got any spares to prove to me how good they are???? :-)

Reply to
tiredofspam

Used one of the complementary angle cutoffs from one of the legs, and a piece of plywood, to make a miter saw jig:

jig is clamped to the table of a miter saw (Makita LS1013), and against the fence to make two of the chamfer/bevels (one cut on each side of the jig, on the dogleg faces).

  1. Setup the jig up with the blade 45 right, cut one side/face of all the legs.
2 Swing the blade to 45 left, reposition the jig, and cut the opposite side/face of all the legs. 3 & 4 The remaining two chamfer/bevels on each leg, those on the faces without the dogleg, can actually be made on the miter saw table, and against the fence, with the blade in either 45 orientation, and without a jig.

Couple of reasons, so happens they're in constant use, so they simply show up in photo backgrounds ... and it's also a function of a small shop (306 SF). :)

Reply to
Swingman