Epoxy question

Once cured, most epoxies are pretty well impervious to most commonly encountered solvents, but surely there is some chemical that will break it down. Is anybody aware of a solvent that will "dissolve" cured epoxy resin so that it can be easily removed from wood? Some particular brand of paint stripper perhaps?
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 5/27/2012 4:51 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

says...

Any stripper with lots of methylene chloride should do it. Read the label carefully and use gloves and goggles--methylene chloride is nasty stuff.

Smells vile and gives you a headache, but the toxicity is overstated.
On 5/28/2012 11:15 AM, Father Haskell wrote:

That depends on the state you live in ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

~ Says the guy who lives in the longhorn state. But then, I guess if you make a living through Texas Longhorns or gushing oil wells, it all smells like perfume after your regular bank visit. :)
On 5/28/2012 11:25 AM, Swingman wrote:

ROTFL
In article <14ee4d2a-499e-4b12-b344-

Get some in your eye and say that.

I know for a fact from personal experience (1982) that methylene chloride will attack & soften epoxy. Whether or not you can now purchase this nasty stuff is another question.
btw heat epoxy to +160F and it be easily scrapped off.
cheers Bob
On 5/27/2012 3:51 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

If you know you are going to remove the epoxy such as in a hole, use a release agent in the hold before applying the epoxy.
Permatex makes an epoly type thread repair kit. You put the product in the hole with the damaged threads and coat the bolt or screw that will fit in the hole with an included release agent. Put the bolt or screw in the filled hole and let cure and then screw out your bolt or screw.
On 5/27/2012 3:51 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Thanks for the answers. I shall try something with methylene chloride in it to see if that does the trick.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.