Edging - Iron on or peel & stick?

I got a catalog this week from Fastcap and it was timely since I am designing some casework in melamine and will need some edging. The Fastcap product is peel and stick PSA and has, they say, a very aggressive adhesive. What is the wisdom here - stick with iron on (pun notwithstanding), or is the peel and stick a good alternative? This is a medicine cabinet with white melamine interior if that makes any dif.

-- Bill Pounds

Pounds on Wood

I've used the peel and stick variety of wood veneer tape with good results. Used a J-roller to firmly apply it, and the adhesive seems incredibly strong. It took finish exactly like the plywood edge it was attached to, so the result was very attractive.

Have used the white iron-on melamine tape for finishing the particle-board edge on white melamine, and that has adhered well also.

Overall the peel and stick is a easier to apply, and seems to hold as well as the iron-on.

-- Tom

Reply to
TOM