DVD software to read "woodworking at home"

Hi:
I subscribe to the monthly (or so) Woodworking at home DVDs. However, I have trouble playing them on either of my XP Home machines. If you know what software to use (specifically for those DVD's), please post a reply. Neither Windows Media player nor Realplayer10 seem to be able to play at the required speed, especially audio.
Thanks in advance!
--
Best regards
Han

I had to reinstall my Dell WinDVD software. Took all of 5 min, 4 1/2 of which was finding the installation CD-ROM.
Duhhh.
--
Best regards
Han

"Han" wrote in message

I use <gasp> Roxio's DVD player, that comes with it's CD burning software, that came with my Plextor IDE DVD drive ... works good.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

do a google search for "real alternative"

This is what I use and it works beautifully (by the makers of WinDVD but specifically for XP)
http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/DVDXPack_Profile.jsp
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Thanks Tom, and all who answered. As mentioned, I reinstalled WinDVD (Dell-supplied) and all seems well now, at least well enough for viewing the DVD's.
--
Best regards
Han

You could also go to the WinDVD website and see if there are any updates for the version you have. Alex