dumb M12V problem in router table

Hi Folks,
Not too long ago, I was having problems with the switch in my router. It wouldn't click on and off nicely. It got bad enough that I took it out and removed the cover. Turns out there was a bunch of saw dust around the switch that was getting in the way. Worked fine after cleaning. This weekend, I had the same problem, same issue. This time I pulled the switch out and found that there's a small hole near the base that's letting junk fall into the switch cavity. Its probably fine when using as a plunger, but in a table, it allows crap into the switch. A small piece of duct tape later, it looks secure. I'll check it after the next few uses and let you know if that works OK.
Chris
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

Why don't you tell Hitachi about the problem? Someone might have goofed on the assembly line. Maybe they will send you a permanent fix for it. I have the Oak Park Router Workshop Table and I've never had a problem with my M12V.
message

snipped-for-privacy@filc8604.fm.intel.com (Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~) wrote in

I have the same problem with my bandsaw. I made a little cover for the switch out of tape and cardboard. It has worked well for a couple of years now.
--
John Snow
"If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here"
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JLucas ILS) writes:

Now that's the first logical idea I've seen. Just for fun, the next time you have the router out of the table, can you remove the two screws and the top just to see what's built up inside?
Thx, Chris
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

I plug mine into a switched outlet. Even easier.
message (JLucas ILS) writes:

Sure is.
I mounted a combo switch / outlet to the side of the table. I can power it on and off, and since I don't EVER change bits on a powered up router, easily unplug the router.
Check it out: <
http://www.bburke.com/wood/images/routertable2.jpg
Barry