Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Page 4 of 4

Sliding bevels are for copying or transferring angles. Readout seems like a needless add on. At least you'll still be able to use it as a sliding bevel when the battery dies. General? Hope it's more accurate than the stamped out General 1/128" vernier caliper I bought years ago.
On 2/17/2012 6:38 PM, Father Haskell wrote:

Wow ... thanks for sharing that.

Yep, for those stuck in a rut with no imagination, it most probably is.

> when the battery dies.
So, when the battery dies, _you_ are that guy who buys a new tool instead of a battery?
Well, that's a mystery solved. :)
General?
You don't sound all that confident ... just learned to read, or have no idea which "General" it is?

Yeah, I hope so too ... I'd hate to be that easily fooled.
Hell, here lately I'm just trying to figure WTF makes some folks feel the need to be publicly negative about a tool of which they have _absolutely_ no first hand knowledge?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

A little volatile lately are we? <g>
On 2/17/2012 8:12 PM, Dave wrote:

You could say that ... but the asininity clearly preceded the volatility.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 2/17/2012 8:05 PM, Swingman wrote:

What Swing said.
RE: Subject
A solution looking for a problem to solve.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

How about a game, "Guess The Angle".
You turn it upside down and try to set it to say, 37.5 degrees. The one is is furthest off or who doesn't get the concept has to buy the next round!
On 2/18/2012 12:24 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Helping to make the staves of a wooden bucket was provided as an example.
Bill wrote:

6 distinct gems (from the mineral Festool) are to be inlayed on the outside of a wooden bracelet. Two such bracelets are the same if the relative orientation of the gems is the same (for instance if the bracelet is rotated or flipped upside down). How many ways can the gems be inlayed (i.e. how many such bracelets are there)?
With a compass, or with a digital sliding T-bevel, it will be easy to mark where the gems should be located! Of course, depending on technique, error could be cumulative.
The problems seems more difficult using 7 distinct gems (score +1 for the sliding T-bevel)!
Bill

http://www.craftsmanspace.com/knowledge/vernier-bevel-protractor.html
At 5 minutes of an arc resolution, more precision than I'll ever need. True also for the General, but the vernier reads even if the battery croaks. How well does an electronic protractor hold up to a dusty environment, like a wood shop?
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:38:31 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell

You can take the digitally accurate angle and put it onto a miter saw for a precise cut. It's tougher and takes longer with a sliding bevel. You always nudge the slider with the miter blade while trying to get the angle right. DAMHIKT
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer

How well is your miter saw set up?
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:50:29 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell

up while it's sitting idle this winter. But a loose one will do it, too.
-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein