Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Yeah, if someone wants to take his horse & buggy to work, that's fine with me. Good luck with that.

Reply to
-MIKE-

If it was also equipped with a laser, I would be inclined to agree.

But, it's not. :)

That said, for twenty bucks + shipping, I'll let you know in week or ten days.

Reply to
Swingman

NOW you tell me. I just bought one from Rockler at full price plus shipping. I should check out the other wood places first. However it works fine and very accurate. All my squares checked out the same and the 45 degree settings also. Uses a #2032 button battery. Lined up my table saw blade at

90 degrees. Joints fit better now. WW

Reply to
WW

I'm sure they do. I bought one of these and it works great.

saved me a lot of time in reproducing angles in a porch rail replacement I did last year. We changed the height to meet regs so I couldn't just copy the angles there.

(Hey, Swingy! Wanna trade? I like yours better.)

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It is already out. And 22 times the price.

Leon

morning's spam from Woodworking magazine announces the Woodpeckers bevel gauge... the 7" is $70 and the 12" is $100. No batteries but the locking handle is in the end of the body. Looks like it's a one time run of these things and you have to order pre-production by 3/5.
This locking gizmo seems more useful than knowing the angle in 1/10s of degrees via a display... but that's just me thinking about how I used these things.

Red aluminum and stainless are pretty ugly, in my eyes, compared to the blued steel and rosewood of my most used bevel gauge. I cannot envision a nice patina developing on aluminum and stainless... However, that locking lever is cool... and having a bespoke tool is a neat idea. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

It looks like they really tried hard with the parts they had on hand! : )

Reply to
Bill

>>> This morning's spam from Woodworking magazine announces the Woodpeckers

Yeah it is an intended limited run but that is not a certainty. They have repeated the run on the "one time" 50" rule 2 times now. Basically there have been 3 deadlines to order. But to be safe you better order now if you want one.

Reply to
Leon

If you have a need for their tools many are worth the investment. I have 7 different BC tools, including a first in a series of one time tools, the Squivel.

Reply to
Leon

Ok, what's a squivel. I can't find an image. I want to see what the other half spends their hard earned dollars on.

8>)

Reply to
tiredofspam

"It is a mistake to think that a particular tool is only good or bad or useful or not No tool is ever useful at all times So, if you have to ask why you would want it you probably don't ... Maybe some day you will and maybe you won't"

ANON .. :)

Reply to
Swingman

How Festooly^H^H^H^Hive!

the grave of Rube Goldberg himself!

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sorry "Squevel". Like that would help. LOL

information on this discontinued first of a series commemorative tools is lacking these days but it is a tri-square with a small t-bevel in the handle. It also has a "lucky" new penny embedded in the handle. If I shake it I can hear it. I have never used the tool figuring it might some day be worth something.

A better picture here,

here

sometime in 1993.

Reply to
Leon

I hope you got that as a work of art. It's original price while high, and very high back then, might be worth it.

But I wouldn't. You do seem to have the best tools Le> >> Ok, what's a squivel. I can't find an image. I want to see what the

>>> The information on this discontinued first of a series commemorative

>> Mad sometime in 1993.

Reply to
tiredofspam

with Fein on pricing.

Reply to
Larry W

Google "Stanley bevel 18" You shouldn't have much trouble finding one for $20 or so.

Reply to
Larry W

I once saw it being offered about 10 years ago >$500. My son will probably make some money off if it some day.

Sure! Bring money for non refundable deposit. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I only wish my son gets bitten by the working wood bug, but I don't think he has it. Computers are his thing. He has a disorder that makes his hands shake so bad that watching him try to hold a screw driver is nerve racking. He wanted to do some soldering for his computer... he could not get the solder to the joint, nor the tip of the iron to stay on the joint.

My tools will be sold at some garage sale or ebay... Too bad, I do have a few really nice tools. Lie Nielsen planes, Veritas Planes, I have about a 1/2 dozen baileys and sweet hearts. I started collecting wooden planes, molding planes..etc I can't put my finger on my most prized tool, but it isn't my power collection which right now only lacks a lathe. My work bench will probably stay with him. It's a solid workbench.

I have some really nice Disston saws before they turned to crap. Some real beauties with awesome handles.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Interesting... I'll keep my eyes open while wandering the floor at my club's woodworking show in Saratoga Springs at the end of March... It's coming up quicker than I am getting ready for it!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Also one reviewer says the handle is plastic.

Reply to
Headless /body