Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Page 3 of 4
On 2/15/2012 5:52 PM, Larry W wrote:

It is already out. And 22 times the price.
http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/featured/amp-v2-anglemaster-pro-v2-with-shoe-kit-final-payment.html

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/featured/amp-v2-anglemaster-pro-v2-with-shoe-kit-final-payment.html
This morning's spam from Woodworking magazine announces the Woodpeckers bevel gauge... the 7" is $70 and the 12" is $100. No batteries but the locking handle is in the end of the body. Looks like it's a one time run of these things and you have to order pre-production by 3/5. http://www.woodpeck.com/bevelgauge.html?et_midS9067&rid341059 This locking gizmo seems more useful than knowing the angle in 1/10s of degrees via a display... but that's just me thinking about how I used these things.
Red aluminum and stainless are pretty ugly, in my eyes, compared to the blued steel and rosewood of my most used bevel gauge. I cannot envision a nice patina developing on aluminum and stainless... However, that locking lever is cool... and having a bespoke tool is a neat idea. ;~)
John

Yeah it is an intended limited run but that is not a certainty. They have repeated the run on the "one time" 50" rule 2 times now. Basically there have been 3 deadlines to order. But to be safe you better order now if you want one.

"It is a mistake to think that a particular tool is only good or bad or useful or not No tool is ever useful at all times So, if you have to ask why you would want it you probably don't ... Maybe some day you will and maybe you won't"
ANON .. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Google "Stanley bevel 18" You shouldn't have much trouble finding one for $20 or so.

Interesting... I'll keep my eyes open while wandering the floor at my club's woodworking show in Saratoga Springs at the end of March... It's coming up quicker than I am getting ready for it!
John
[...snip...]

Like this one but for 2-3 times the money? I'll keep my Shinwa.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:44:37 -0800, Jim Weisgram

I have a little $5 plastic and stainless job (just like that) which I used before the electronic bevel gauge came to me from LVT. Both have their places, and I'm not going to ever consider a ripoff price like Bridge City charges. Yuckin fuppies overcharging yuppies. <sigh>
OK, some of their products are well engineered, but...if we priced our shop output at their prices, simple end tables would cost $23K.
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer
On 2/16/2012 8:07 AM, Leon wrote:

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/featured/amp-v2-anglemaster-pro-v2-with-shoe-kit-final-payment.html
It looks like they really tried hard with the parts they had on hand! : )
On 2/16/2012 7:40 AM, Bill wrote:

No kidding! It tool is way way way overly complex to measure an angle accurately and while it is expensive it seems under priced given it complexity and their normally high prices.
If you have a need for their tools many are worth the investment. I have 7 different BC tools, including a first in a series of one time tools, the Squivel.
Ok, what's a squivel. I can't find an image. I want to see what the other half spends their hard earned dollars on. 8>)
On 2/16/2012 9:46 AM, Leon wrote:

On 2/16/2012 9:11 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

Sorry "Squevel". Like that would help. LOL
http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/other-products/discontinued/ct-1-squevel.html
The information on this discontinued first of a series commemorative tools is lacking these days but it is a tri-square with a small t-bevel in the handle. It also has a "lucky" new penny embedded in the handle. If I shake it I can hear it. I have never used the tool figuring it might some day be worth something.
A better picture here,
http://toolboxblog.com/2009/02/19/bridge-city-tool-works-ct-1-squevel /
and here
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bridge-city-first-commemorative-tool-ct-1
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bridge-city-tool-ct-7-rosewood-block-plane-new-in
Mad sometime in 1993.
I hope you got that as a work of art. It's original price while high, and very high back then, might be worth it.
But I wouldn't. You do seem to have the best tools Leon. Can I come over and borrow some 8>)
On 2/16/2012 2:28 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/other-products/discontinued/ct-1-squevel.html
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bridge-city-tool-ct-7-rosewood-block-plane-new-in
On 2/16/2012 2:19 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

I once saw it being offered about 10 years ago >$500. My son will probably make some money off if it some day.

Sure! Bring money for non refundable deposit. ;~)
I only wish my son gets bitten by the working wood bug, but I don't think he has it. Computers are his thing. He has a disorder that makes his hands shake so bad that watching him try to hold a screw driver is nerve racking. He wanted to do some soldering for his computer... he could not get the solder to the joint, nor the tip of the iron to stay on the joint.
My tools will be sold at some garage sale or ebay... Too bad, I do have a few really nice tools. Lie Nielsen planes, Veritas Planes, I have about a 1/2 dozen baileys and sweet hearts. I started collecting wooden planes, molding planes..etc I can't put my finger on my most prized tool, but it isn't my power collection which right now only lacks a lathe. My work bench will probably stay with him. It's a solid workbench.
I have some really nice Disston saws before they turned to crap. Some real beauties with awesome handles.
On 2/16/2012 8:12 PM, Leon wrote:

On 2/16/2012 8:17 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well my son so far has not gotten the bug, fortunately he has no physical challenges. He does like for me to build for him however. I have ofter referred to him as "my retirement plan" although I was thinking a bit differently than selling him furniture. ;~) He is a busy guy, by Wednesday of this week he had already put in 40 hours, busy season. He put in several days last week that were 18 hour days. Busy season for a CPA working for a "big 4" public accounting firm. Perhaps when he gets more time and settles down a bit he will be more interested.

I have told my son the same, he will inherit enough tools to start to take over a furniture making business.

Certainly keepers

How Festooly^H^H^H^Hive!

Where's the applause coming from? Oh, I do believe it's coming from the grave of Rube Goldberg himself!
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Will, I suppose it's nice that we have an American company who can compete with Fein on pricing.
NOW you tell me. I just bought one from Rockler at full price plus shipping. I should check out the other wood places first. However it works fine and very accurate. All my squares checked out the same and the 45 degree settings also. Uses a #2032 button battery. Lined up my table saw blade at 90 degrees. Joints fit better now. WW

Amazon lists this for $29.95, BTW. Also one reviewer says the handle is plastic.