Delta 12" Planer Question

I have a Delta 12" bench top planer I got last year, and after the most recent project it was time to change blades, lube the gears, and see what else needed doing.
There is a switch for 60ipm or 90ipm, seems to be a small rack and pinion type thing maybe to change the gears. The problem is that with the switch to the 90ipm, the feed rollers work fine, but in the 60ipm position, the rollers don't turn. The little pinion turns OK, and the rack seems to move back and forth, but I'm not sure if it moves enough.
And Delta is closed today, and Christmas is on the way. Any ideas as to what the prob may be??
Thanks to all, and Merry Christmas...
Rich,
I have the same problem with mine. If you find a solution, I would like to know. I have cleaned, etc. and looked for some sort of adjustment mechanism to no avail. Roger

The simpelest and cheapest way to reduce snipe is to simply lift up on the opposite end of the board as it enters and exits the planer cutter head area.
OOps never mind, wrong answer to this question.

I have a two-speed Delta planer, 22-580, and the instructions for mine clearly state the motor MUST be running while changing speeds. YMMV

Mine says the same, must be on to change. I had the motor running while I layed an eyeball on the little rack and pinion behind the switch. When you turn the switch to the slow feed position, the small rack moves away from the gear assy, but the chain that drives the two rollers stops. Switch to fast feed position, rack moves to left, and the chains move again. I can't see any loose gears, chains run free, but gotta be a loose whatchamacallit in there somewhere.
Well, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, we can deal with this later.