Deep Forest Amchair

I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on me... and not just because of the price...

must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.

Reply to
Casper

Well, it is artsy - and probably its biggest draw. And may not be as uncomfortable as you might think - it is contoured although extended use might prove a bit hard. In that case it would be the perfect chair to pull out when the inlaws visit.

Even with a soft throw cushion applied, however, the price is very uncomfortable. I'm sure some freak on Wall street has a dozen ordered for his office.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they make inorganic sheepskins?

Reply to
Gerald Ross

"Gerald Ross" wrote

Naugahide?? ;)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

From the wild naugabeest you mean??? :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Oddly, under the bizarre rules of nomenclature that the FDA requires be applied to agricultural products, there are.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On 11/10/2009 4:43 PM dpb spake thus:

It's naugahyde, and I prefer mine from free-range naugabeests.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

No, that's from nauga's.

Reply to
CW

Sure they do. Commonly used to prevent bed sores. Damned sight cheaper than the real version.

Reply to
upscale

The Nauga Story...

't you hate when animals are blatantly used in cheap scams? Humanity has so abused the poor little nauga. ;)

Reply to
Casper

Oooo...I *LIKE* it. Unfortunately, so would the gazillion or so spiders that live here...dozens of places to hide and make webs :(

Reply to
dadiOH

As a kid I worked in a furniture store repairing TVs and remember when couches and chairs began coming in with little tags attached sporting the Nauga pictures you just linked to. Thanks for the flashback. I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:56:19 -0500, the infamous Casper scrawled the following:

JUST DON'T FEED THEM AFTER MIDNIGHT!

(Nauga is the trick name for the mogwai.)

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:10:04 -0500, the infamous "dadiOH" scrawled the following:

FORTY FOUR HUNDRED EUROS for someone's mismatched dowel collection?

Pass.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for the flashback.

If you can remember the RadarRange, you *are* old. Just like me, but better old, than the alternative.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

"Rick Samuel" wrote in news:hdg9ce$4j9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tamu.edu:

I still use the Amana Radarange cookbook for several recipes, including their "very yakky chicken", a favorite of kids and grandkids, as well as many others!

Reply to
Han

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

At todays exchange rate of $1.50/? that is $6600!! Btter buy it soon efore the dollar drops even further.

Don't forget the cushions, either.

Reply to
Han

Just goes to prove I'm in the wrong line of work. I'm turning, scrolling and carving and nothing for near that price. Apparently I could make a killing in dowels. Go figure. `Casper

Reply to
Casper

I remember the first Amana Radarange. I also remember seeing a Raytheon radarange in the galley at the officers' club at the Navy base in Algiers, Louisiana some time around 1962.

FWIW, Radarange as a brand still exists, although Amana is now just a badge owned by Whirlpool.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Glad to bring back fun memories. ;)

I had forgotten about the tags. I remembered them after you mentioned it. Geez, now I'm feeling old too. Thanks guys! LOL `Casper

Reply to
Casper