Deep Forest Amchair

Page 1 of 2
I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on me... and not just because of the price...
http://www.kibardindesign.com/collection/collecton3/deep-forest-chair.aspx
I must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.
Casper said:

Well, it is artsy - and probably its biggest draw. And may not be as uncomfortable as you might think - it is contoured although extended use might prove a bit hard. In that case it would be the perfect chair to pull out when the inlaws visit.
Even with a soft throw cushion applied, however, the price is very uncomfortable. I'm sure some freak on Wall street has a dozen ordered for his office.
Greg G.
Casper wrote:

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they make inorganic sheepskins?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Naugahide?? ;)
Lee Michaels wrote:

From the wild naugabeest you mean??? :)
On 11/10/2009 4:43 PM dpb spake thus:

It's naugahyde, and I prefer mine from free-range naugabeests.
--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

The Nauga Story... http://www.naugahyde.com/history.html
Adopt-A-Nauga... http://www.naugahyde.com/promoitems_nauga.html
Don't you hate when animals are blatantly used in cheap scams? Humanity has so abused the poor little nauga. ;)
Casper said:

As a kid I worked in a furniture store repairing TVs and remember when couches and chairs began coming in with little tags attached sporting the Nauga pictures you just linked to. Thanks for the flashback. I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...
Greg G.
Thanks for the flashback.

If you can remember the RadarRange, you *are* old. <G> Just like me, but better old, than the alternative.

I still use the Amana Radarange cookbook for several recipes, including their "very yakky chicken", a favorite of kids and grandkids, as well as many others!
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

I remember the first Amana Radarange. I also remember seeing a Raytheon radarange in the galley at the officers' club at the Navy base in Algiers, Louisiana some time around 1962.
FWIW, Radarange as a brand still exists, although Amana is now just a badge owned by Whirlpool.

We once lived next door to a former EE who worked on developing the Chain Home Line during WW2 and was quite involved in the manufacturing of the magnetron tube during and after the war. He said that soon after the war ended, that he and some guys set up a magnetron tube in a hallway at his research facility to look through the wall and down the hallway. It was around 6000 watts output and had a sufficiently high frequency they could get a decent reflection off the pelvis of people walking the hallway. Soon, they could almost always guess whether the person coming down the hall was male or female by the movement of the pelvis as they walked.
He also told me that the first RadarRanges had way too much power and that soon after they were introduced, it was dialed down to the 800 or so watts. Now, they're up to around 1200 for most microwaves, but I'd LOVE to have one of the 6000 watt magnetrons just to see what it could do. <grin>
--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by

Glad to bring back fun memories. ;)
I had forgotten about the tags. I remembered them after you mentioned it. Geez, now I'm feeling old too. Thanks guys! LOL `Casper
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:56:19 -0500, the infamous Casper

JUST DON'T FEED THEM AFTER MIDNIGHT!
(Nauga is the trick name for the mogwai.)
---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ===================================================

No, that's from nauga's.
Gerald Ross wrote:

Oddly, under the bizarre rules of nomenclature that the FDA requires be applied to agricultural products, there are.

Sure they do. Commonly used to prevent bed sores. Damned sight cheaper than the real version.
Casper wrote:

Oooo...I *LIKE* it. Unfortunately, so would the gazillion or so spiders that live here...dozens of places to hide and make webs :(
--

dadiOH

FORTY FOUR HUNDRED EUROS for someone's mismatched dowel collection?
Pass.

At todays exchange rate of $1.50/ that is $6600!! Btter buy it soon efore the dollar drops even further.
Don't forget the cushions, either.
--
Best regards
Han