Deep Forest Amchair

On 12 Nov 2009 12:10:40 GMT, the infamous Han scrawled the following:

Man, I hadn't seen the dollar drop that far until now.

And spider traps for each hole?

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I wish it wasn't as well. The Aussie$ is only 7.5c off parity at the moment. We're bleeding badly on export contracts which are almost all written in $US.

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

We once lived next door to a former EE who worked on developing the Chain Home Line during WW2 and was quite involved in the manufacturing of the magnetron tube during and after the war. He said that soon after the war ended, that he and some guys set up a magnetron tube in a hallway at his research facility to look through the wall and down the hallway. It was around 6000 watts output and had a sufficiently high frequency they could get a decent reflection off the pelvis of people walking the hallway. Soon, they could almost always guess whether the person coming down the hall was male or female by the movement of the pelvis as they walked.

He also told me that the first RadarRanges had way too much power and that soon after they were introduced, it was dialed down to the 800 or so watts. Now, they're up to around 1200 for most microwaves, but I'd LOVE to have one of the 6000 watt magnetrons just to see what it could do.

Reply to
Nonny

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:35:41 -0500, the infamous Casper scrawled the following:

Make some wildassed gewjaw and put it up for consignment at a hoity toity shop somewhere in a ritzy neighborhood. Once you sell one, you'll have a line to your door for more.

Didja see what Phully gets for his nice pieces of dead trees in Oz? He's soitenly not stahving. ;)

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:47:31 +0800, the infamous "diggerop" scrawled the following:

I'm really sad that the dollar has dropped against the Canuckistani Looney. Lee Valley stuff is out of sight now. Kinda like shipping prices from Oz to here. OMG, take out a loan or mortgage the house for a 1 pound (arf a ki to you) shipment!