David Marks

Page 3 of 4
Morris Dovey wrote:

Arggggg!
'Tis better to belch and hide in shame Than squelch the belch and die in pain.
Trust me on this.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
snipped-for-privacy@XXXX.carolina.rr.com says...

It cometh from the heart. Yet when it takes a southward turn, It cometh as a fart.
- - - - anon.
message

Geez. He's got one. Fair sized, but that's all that shows with a short sleeve shirt. I don't know if he has any on shoulders, or anywhere else for that matter.
Cheers, Eric
Maybe he used too much tung oil to bring out the natural beauty of the skin and it turned colors or something? heh heh..........
Jim

IIRC, there is a picture of David in "Settup Up Shop" opening his wood shed. He's got long hair and considerable artwork on his arms.

Where do you guys get this stuff? Just one month ago, from the front row of a lecture, I saw the same hair as on the show and one tatoo. I don't know if he had anything up the sleeves of his short sleeve shirt.
Cheers, Eric
brought forth from the murky depths:

Worse!
De boy be tacked back, jack.
---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==-- http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online ----------------------------------------------------------

I believe its the tattoos.
James:
Mr. Marks has numerous tattoos. He was featured in a shopbuilding book several years ago. His hair was longer and his "tats" were clearly visable. Guess DIY Network didn't want him to show them. Every now and then, I can see his tatoos when the camera comes in close on his hands. This probably also explains why he wears very long gloves when putting on a finish. He can't roll up his sleeves.
MJ Wallace
IIRC, it's always the same medium blue shirt. Maybe he only owns one long sleeved shirt??? Mark
MJ Wallace wrote:

I'm always wondering how much Mario Rodriguez (sp?) pays out in dry cleaning and pressing for his shop shirts.
UA100

He does classes here in CT, I've seen him work in person. I'll agree, he's one sharp dressed woodworker!
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

I think you could scrape finishes with the creases on his shirt.
Garret Hack is another guy who seems to wear newer clothes in the shop.
UA100
I take his class at FIT every Tuesday night, would you like me to ask him? hahahaha.
Bernie

Bah! Amateurs!
2000 and 2001 are the years of the Light Blue Shirt (LBS). 2002 is DBS. 2003 is DRS.
Thanks MJ, that explains it. You know what though, thats kind of silly in this day and age do you think? DIY should have a look at American Chopper over at Discovery channel if they think a hosts' tats would be a problem! LOL
Jim

Or perhaps HE is not comfortable with the past they represent?

"George" wrote in message

Don't be dissing Paul Sr, Paulie, Vinnie, and Michael now (well go ahead, on Michael) ... I am not a metal worker, or even have much interest in it, but that show is one of the best "shop" programs on TV. The fabricating that they do is impressive .. not to mention some of that big old iron is righteous.
IMO, except for Wood Works, beats the hell outta anything on DIY
The "Milwaukee Iron" show may even have been better ... but I only caught it once during a marathon.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/26/04
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Knew a Welshman down in Australia once who claimed he had his town name tatooed on his in block letters:
http://www.crazydogtravel.com/longestcityname.html
I never checked for sure .. but he did have a reputation with the ladies.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/26/04

Eeech! But, then, it was probably 6 point type. :)
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.