Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall / Free Upgrade Kit (2024 Update)

This is old news for some guys. Sears will send you a free upgrade kit.

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall

?v=WgjxwvHf9To

Reply to
kimosabe

less than two, IIRC. Still haven't opened the box, though.

Reply to
krw

Got mine last year for a 20-year old saw. Only needed the serial number and got it in a couple of weeks. Installed it this summer in a couple of hours. It is of reasonable quality and makes the saw safer and still very usable. The best part is it comes with a new 1" thick table top.

Definitely worth doing.

dss

Reply to
dss

They should also be payng for labor.

Reply to
Twayne

I've got a 12" Craftsman. Is this available for it? Thanks, Jim

Reply to
James

James,

Here's the link I used.

doesn't look like the 12-inch are included.

dss

Reply to
dss

"insert" joke here

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Just be aware - if you buy a used saw you should check the upgrade first.

I tried this a year or two ago. Turned out my model is and isn't recalled. They list it as one of the dangerous models - don't use. But they don't offer an upgrade either. They did offer some sort of discount coupon on a new saw that is no better than waiting for a sale. It takes money out of pocket to get anywhere.

You bought it, it might kill you. Tough, we told you about it, it's on your head now. Guess where I'm not going to buy other tools?

Mistakes happen but I expect the manufacturer to make good on them.

Winston_Smith

Does anyone know where I can get the upgrade kit from. I've just bought a rash and there stopped doing the kit in Feb apparently. I'm in the UK

Reply to
martyn.grogan

I say. Do it. You won't look back. Better than before.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I called this morning and when they offered the 100$ for sending in the old parts I told them that 100 would not replace the saw and I still needed to use it. The man said that they still had the kits and would send me the ki t instead of the 100. You just have to ask when you call the number.

Reply to
rebecca2057

What was the number you call i recently bought one of these radial armsaws and found out the it need the upgrade guard..

Reply to
keith.richardson659

-MIKE-

I called Sears about the recall and they told me my saw wasn't affected (ty pical Sears BS) when I knew mine was. Called Emerson at 1-800-511-2628 and had them run the model and serial number. Sure enough, they sent me the ret rofit kit which includes the new table parts. If they haven't accounted for all of the saws affected, they have to honor your request. Sears will try and tell you the recall has ended, but it hasn't. Emerson will try and offe r you a $100 to send the carriage assembly back to them, but opt for the ki t. I called them about a month ago and my retrofit kit got here yesterday a nd I've already gotten it installed. I have an electronic model and I wasn' t about to disable a perfectly good saw. Just some info for all you other w oodworkers out there.

Reply to
ricsgone

just tried to call the 800-511-2628 number 6-19-2015. Worked earlier this week as Emerson RASrecall. But now says number is malfunctioning and Ridgid is making effort to correct problem by 22 June. Guess retrofit kits are no longer available. Bummer.

Reply to
jpbouvais

The phone likely goes into a rotating bank of phones. e.g. a call center. So if the digital unit went down, wait it out and order one.

It is worth it by all means. I use the new one.

Just when you get it, add a layer of mdf or better ply on the top of the mdf which will save the new flat hard layer.

I'm concerned with absorption of water - my shop is not sealed or conditioned. Sometimes it rains inside. Put machine cover over it and it should be ok.

Mart> >> This is old news for some guys. Sears will send you a free upgrade >> kit. >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 10:28:18 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote :

typical Sears BS) when I knew mine was. Called Emerson at 1-800-511-2628 an d had them run the model and serial number. Sure enough, they sent me the r etrofit kit which includes the new table parts. If they haven't accounted f or all of the saws affected, they have to honor your request. Sears will tr y and tell you the recall has ended, but it hasn't. Emerson will try and of fer you a $100 to send the carriage assembly back to them, but opt for the kit. I called them about a month ago and my retrofit kit got here yesterday and I've already gotten it installed. I have an electronic model and I was n't about to disable a perfectly good saw. Just some info for all you other woodworkers out there.

Reply to
paulvmitchell

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 10:28:18 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote :

typical Sears BS) when I knew mine was. Called Emerson at 1-800-511-2628 an d had them run the model and serial number. Sure enough, they sent me the r etrofit kit which includes the new table parts. If they haven't accounted f or all of the saws affected, they have to honor your request. Sears will tr y and tell you the recall has ended, but it hasn't. Emerson will try and of fer you a $100 to send the carriage assembly back to them, but opt for the kit. I called them about a month ago and my retrofit kit got here yesterday and I've already gotten it installed. I have an electronic model and I was n't about to disable a perfectly good saw. Just some info for all you other woodworkers out there.

I have an electronic model also 113190600. Am going to chk on kit. Any ad vice. Thanks.

Reply to
paulvmitchell

[...]

the new news is they are no longer sending a kit, instead you make the saw worthless by sending parts to the company and they will send you $100. Then you can buy a new one for $800, in otherwards you have been screwed.

Reply to
ray56_32223