Craftsman 10 inch bench bandsaw

I am thinking of purchasing this 10 inch bench bandsaw, as this looks as if it will fill my needs and fit into my micro mini workshop, however there is one possible draw back, it takes 70 1/2 saw blades and I have not found a source of supply, any ideas or comments ??
Cheers, Thomas Cleveland
On 12/8/2005 6:20 AM THOMAS CLEVELAND mumbled something about the following:

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com /
Most places that sell bandsaw blades will allow you to order any length of blade, they just cut to length and weld all blades normally, so a non-standard length isn't any different than their normal process.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:20:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (THOMAS CLEVELAND) wrote:

We're still waiting for the first poster who bought a bandsaw with wheels < 12" and _liked_ it.

Do you have a scroll saw? I don't know what your needs are, but for those that might be met by a micro bandsaw like this, a scroll saw seems a much better way to do it.

I buy my blades from an industrial suppplier who welds them up to whatever length I wish. This is a common way to do it and I also get access to better quality blades in a wide range of tooth shapes and sizes. I wouldn't worry about this.
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:20:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (THOMAS CLEVELAND) wrote:

Consider getting a *good* jig saw instead. Similar max depth of cut, no width restrictions, and as small as you can get. The Bosch seems to get high marks in this group.
If you really feel a bandsaw would be better for you, i'd highly recommend going to at least the 12" craftsman, or the standard 14" from somewhere else. I've had a 9" ryobi that has served me well, but if you can afford it you definitely want something with more power and throat depth. A huge increase in utility for a small increase in footprint. Put it on a rolling cabinet and make good use of the space under it.
If it's going to be a workhorse for you, get a serious saw. If it's not then figure out how to do without it.
-Leuf
I agree - I have a 10" bandsaw now, and a 14" wouldn't take up much more space in my tiny shop, wouldn't have been that much more expensive, and it would be useful for a lot more things. The 10" is workable, though. If you really want the Craftsman 10" (and it looks like a pretty good deal at $129 on the website), you'll want to get good blades (i.e. timberwolf, from www.suffolkmachinery.com), and they are all made to order any size you want. Call them up, tell them what you'll be using it for, and they'll recommend what types of blades to get. When I ordered from them, they had a buy 3 get 1 free deal. Andy