Correlation: Woodworkers and Computer Vets

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

How many (aside from Al Gore) know there is a difference?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Gotta admit that I don't miss Archie, Veronica , Kermit, and the gang... or having to "dial in." ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

How many of you were on ARPAnet or MILnet?

Who remembers when Usenet was transported primarily by having one news server place a phone call to another?

Reply to
Robert Haar

I was a First Class hub for OneNet.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:28:35 -0400, the infamous "John Grossbohlin" scrawled the following:

THAT will quickly pare the number down.

I was using RIME BBSes before the WWW, but that drew me to the Internet.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:50:51 GMT, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@triton.net scrawled the following:

ME! What do I win?

Born dain bramaged 1953, and still having fun.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Raises hand. I got and sent e-mail that way for nearly 4 years.

Who remembers the significance of 'ihnp4', or 'cbosgd'?

Who remembers 'bangpath' email addressing?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

You old fart, I was born in '60. :)

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Ah, yer an old codger; I wasn't born til 59.

/after moving 10 tons of rock today, I don't feel young. Even using the tractors, there's still a lot of hand work in it.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

snipped-for-privacy@triton.net wrote in news:71c6c$4bc74b5f$d1ac0dbb$ snipped-for-privacy@allthenewsgroups.com:

Wow, I had no idea I was dealing with such old people. I'm just a baby compared to most of you. I'm less than half of 60.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 02:12:57 GMT, the infamous basilisk scrawled the following:

Smart-mouthed young punk. I oughta turn you over my knee... ;) Nah, we're both 2nd Halfers.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:06:27 -0500, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) scrawled the following:

VAGUELY. I remember having to ask what the exclamation point was for way, way back.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Think of yourself as a prodigy.

(No, not Prodigy. That experiment sucked real bad!)

Reply to
LDosser

It is anything like "return comma splat" (return, *).

(old CDC Cyber 172 lingo, I think).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

----------------------------- You and my grandkids..................

BTW, age is a state of mind and hopefully an indication of accumulated knowledge.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Internet, RIME and Relay Net... and then Mosaic. Of course there wasn't much to browse at that point. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:07:53 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita scrawled the following:

I lifted about 100 lbs of weeds out of a lady's yard yesterday, one by one through the stones in her yard. My finners are toast. She's 1 of only 2 landscaping clients I have right now. I don't mind weeding or mowing occasionally for $30/hr. I have a welded wire fence to put in today, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. T-post setting and wire lifting aren't fun. Maybe I'll finish the cedar & PT fence today instead...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4bc963a5$0$15656 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Hey, do humans have a maximum memory limit? What happens when we get full?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Oh so rare