Free Food for Vets

The local tv station said Texas Roadhouse has free food for vets today. Bring proof of service. No idea if it's local or nationwide.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Had dinner with my family last night at a local restaurant who also offered free food for veterans. My step father received his meal for free.

I heard of many businesses taking on this practice. I will patronize those businesses for doing so.

The issue I despise is why a politician can serve a single term then receive pension for life while a veteran can serve a single duty yet many often have difficulty finding a job and of course, don't get me started on social security. I'm tired of the political corruption and perks they receive while they THINK they are fooling most of us with their pretending to care. Our veterans and soldiers should always be first in the benefits programs and politicians last.

I loathe our government.

Reply to
Hawk